Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Your general comment on xxx.cn (new ENOM addition)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oceanic

From ENOM:
"Under recently announced policy, .CN domain names will be available for registration worldwide. Previously, only registrants located in China were able to register a .CN name. CNNIC is also moving to a real-time registration system. Previously, .CN sales agents accepted .CN registrations, but CNNIC acted as the exclusive Registrar and Registry."

Do you think these new TLD domains are worth the $24.94 a piece?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

cokee

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the real time system might have some problem
coz many regged trademark names e.e. ibm.com.cn, sina.com.cn are available for reg.

M

MusicWiz

howcome its .com.cn ? isnt just yourname.cn avilable ? or is that what i was reading about earlier being available in march ?

O

Oceanic

I am confused...
My subreselleres are buying xxx.cn and I am noticing that:

Some com.cn names at ENOM are being billed at $24.95 and some at .com .net .org price level !??
What gives?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>Oceanic: My subreselleres are buying xxx.cn

That means there'll be a lot of refunds later ... :D

M

MusicWiz

is .com.cn and .cn the same ?? im cunfused also .. ive found a great 3 letter .com with probably the highest serach results on overture and its not even registered. let me know if they are the same so i can go reg if they are

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MusicWiz
is .com.cn and .cn the same ?? im cunfused also .. ive found a great 3 letter .com with probably the highest serach results on overture and its not even registered. let me know if they are the same so i can go reg if they are

.com.cn and .cn are not the same. .cn is the Chinese ccTLD (country code top level domain). .com.cn, .net.cn and .org.cn domains are now available for public registration (start.12/15/02). This is the closest you can get to a "China" domain name. :)

My advice is to try and reg the name you have found. The realtime system may still have some bugs and people have been regging all morning in what seems to be a sucessful manner. If you think the name you have found is worthy in the .com.cn version you should try to reg it. If the realtime system fails to inform you appropriately in case someone else beat you to it, you will most probalby get an automatic refund, perhaps pending a lag.
----Disclaimer: Comments based on my ENOM experience this morning with xxx.cn reg's.---
Stay tuned..

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm using enom..
Some say available.. but in reality they are not..I get an email verifying they were not registered and cc has not been charged..

I have only reged 1 name..

BabyNames.com.cn everyone needs a name ! 600,000 monthly search's

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why the rush to regg a third level domain name?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon
Why the rush to regg a third level domain name?

My sentiments exactly. Also, unless you plan to actively sell the names to the chinese, good luck trying to develop a Chinese Character site unless you got the moolah to do it right.

My guess is some are buying these names for "keywords"...

izopod

garyted51

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The Tld. picture gets more and more muddled all the time. If you can get any 2 letter unrestricted domain, that will work anywhere in the world, why on god's earth would you want to get something like xxx.xxx.? or any other xyz.xyz domain? Other than the Big (7) .com, .net, .org, .info. .us .biz .ws. I almost regged a .kids domain name yesterday, until I did some investigating of the restrictions and other hassle's that were involved. I was then glad I did my homework on .kids, because it is nothing but a major pain. In my own opinion, the remaining golden names that are not yet registered are the .ws Tld's and the .cc Tld's. Since both these Tld.'s are unrestricted, why not reg them? The hottest selling domain's will soon be .ws first and .cc second in that order. I only put them in this order, because .ws is less expensive to register. Do you really think people will care that .cc stands for coco's Island? Mark my words! If you don't get on the .ws or .cc bandwagon soon, you will regret it later.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MusicWiz

heheheh.. TRUST ME, SEX.COM.CN is already registered :D It says its available, but I tryed to reg it and received email that its taken alredy.. Something is ****ed up in their whois i guess

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gotta wonder how many people tried to get that name. I know I did! ;)

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:> Thats why I mentioned it :) My next try was: Business.com.cn - Imagine my eyes, when I saw its available! Well.. at least eNom said so :D

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domainAddict
:> ...:) My next try was: Business.com.cn - Imagine my eyes, when I saw its available! Well.. at least eNom said so :D
Money.com.cn Business.com.cn Medicine.com.cn health.com.cn University.com.cn Access.com.cn -- all the good ones are already taken it seems

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There seem to be 2,490,000 results in google for "com.cn". Most of the results appear to be actual sites like pcworld.com.cn etc.

T

Tricky

I do not believe even highly desirable names such as "sex" in every ccTLD has value.

Joe public does not know about these extensions and probably never will, especially those using 3rd level sub-domains.

Stick with gTLDs is my advice.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Ask questions first and shoot later
www.photography.info
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Would you guys register it if it was a one word dictionary word and .com.cn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom