Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DNForum Poker Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Buy-in: $10 + $1
Game: No Limit Texas Hold'Em
Tournament Date: Sunday January 30, 2005
Tournament Time: 10:00 PM Eastern
Tournament Name: DnForum $10 NL Tournament
Tournament Password: domains123
Prizes: Depends on number of entries
Site: Pokerstars.com

FAQ

Q) How do I enter?
A)

1) Go to www.PokerStars.com and sign up for an account if you do not already have one.

2) Once you are signed up at PokerStars, log in, and click on the "Tournament" Tab. Then click on the "Private" sub-tab.

3) Locate the DnForum Tournament (you can sort the tournaments by date).

4) Double-Click the tournament to open the DnForum Tournament lobby.

5) Click "Register".

6) Enter the password.

Q) Why are you running this tournament at PokerStars.com and not PartyPoker, Empire Poker, . . . (insert your favorite site here)?
A) PokerStars.com allows for creation of private, password protected tournaments.

Q) PokerStars has been the place where the last 2 WSOP champions have started. I don't want to play against Chris Moneymaker or Dan Raymer!
A) No Problem! The DnForum tournament is a PRIVATE tournament. Only DnForum members (or people who have seen the signup password here) will be allowed to enter the tournament. Unless Chris or Dan is hiding in our ranks, you will be safe (although Dutch Boyd did make an appearance at DNForum once).

Q) How do I fund an account at PokerStars.com?
A) Like you would fund your account any any other Poker Venue, including (but not limited to) Neteller, Firepay, bank account transfer, and Player to Player transfer. Paypal is NOT an option for directly funding your account (although you could send money to a player via paypal if that player is willing to do a player to player transfer of funds).

Q) What will the prize structure be?
A) Prizes are determined by the system, based on the number of entrants. For example, if 24 people enter the tournament, the top three places are paid. If we get 75 people to enter, then nine places are paid. This prize distribution is set by the system.

Q) Hey, this is a cool idea. Can we put F$, Domains Names, Membership Upgrades, etc into the pot?
A) The management of DNForum may or may not choose to add additional prizes to any number of places.

Q) What does the $10 + $1 Entry Fee mean?
A) The Entry Fee has two parts. The first part of the Entry fee is the amount that goes toward the prize pool. The second part is the amount that the house charges to enter the tournament. So in this case, you would be charged $11 to enter the tournament, $10 of which goes to the prize pool, and $1 of which goes to the house for running the tournament.

Q) I am not a good poker player. Why should I enter?
A) This is a fun tournament. For the anmount if 1-2 domain name registrations / renewals, you can keep entertained for several hours (depending on when you are eliminated).

Q) Can the entry fees be more to create a larger pot?
A) Yes, we can set the entry fees to any of the following: $10, $20, $30, $50, $100, $200, $500 (plus the appropriate house fees). However, the larger the entry fee, the fewer the people will participate.

Q) Can we play a differnet game other than No Limit Texas Hold'Em?
A) Yes, we can play Hold'Em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Stud, and Stud Hi/Lo. Each game can be played as Limit or No Limit.

Q) This is a great idea! How often and when will these tournaments be held?
A) We are will start by having one on Sunday at 10:00 pm. We will judge by the turnout and recommendations as to when to have future tournaments. Currently, we are considering bi-weekly and monthly tournament. We will also consider alternate games and other buy-ins.

Q) I still have questions. Who can I ask?
A) DnForum Member "Bob" is in charge of the poker tournaments. Please send a PM to him with any questions.

Domain Summit 2024

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IN ... will sign up this evening

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have signed up!

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 people, but it's only been announced for 1.5 hours!

-=DCG=-

mfk_1868

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dudes i dont have cc so is there a way to sign up for DNF$ ?

and another question what does 10 + 1 (+1) means?
i never joined a tournament so dont know what does + sign means

i downloaded the program can anyone transfer me some funds on the program for dnf?

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very cool stuff Bob... Anytime I can get a chance to knock off DCG is money well spent. Hehe. :)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ClassicNames.com said:
Very cool stuff Bob... Anytime I can get a chance to knock off DCG is money well spent. Hehe. :)

... and you will knock me off, i stink at poker.

I am playing for the fun.

-=DCG=-

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok make it 3 signed up now :)

I will register up to 3 more people for this tourny if they do not have a cc or neteller account. I will accept a $11.00 paypal payment and then transfer the $11.00 entry fee into your PokerStars account name. So if you want to play in this exciting dn forum exclusive poker event and do not have the ability to signup ... PM me.

mfk_1868

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
Ok make it 3 signed up now :)

I will register up to 3 more people for this tourny if they do not have a cc or neteller account. I will accept a $11.00 paypal payment and then transfer the $11.00 entry fee into your PokerStars account name. So if you want to play in this exciting dn forum exclusive poker event and do not have the ability to signup ... PM me.
i dont have a paypal too. do you accept dnf?

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any chance of adjusting the time to be doable for us UKers? Thats like 4AM Monday morning over here?

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats true im from sweden and i was going to sign up maybe i can come home after a night out and play ;)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I cannot adjust the time of this one, as it has already been set, and people have signed up.

We can adjust the time for future ones though :-D

-Bob

jquail said:
Any chance of adjusting the time to be doable for us UKers? Thats like 4AM Monday morning over here?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will certainly consider signing up...give me a day or two to see if I will be available at that time

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too late for me guys (early hours of the morning UK time) so I'll give it a miss :(

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suck at poker... while I enjoy playing I'd go broke very very quickly playing for real money... y'all have fun.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how many people are currently signed up?

deleted7/10/23

Account Terminated
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4am on a workday is not do-able from here - make the next one earlier and i could be interested

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tournament tomorrow night!

signup and have fun!

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators