Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

100,000 hits a day and counting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

Ok here's my problem with these 100,000 hits a day and counting sites. "I don't have any" where and how can I find these sites, are they actually dropping, do they really get 100K hits a day. Now before you all tell me I'm dreaming, I'd just like you to know I'm also hoping, wishing and praying. I have read people claim 100K a day sites, where can I find a site that only has 10K a day? I'm not greedy. Are they really out there. Are these high traffic sites equal in value to nice dot com names? What's the real story on these sites high traffic sites, I'll take the scraps.

Don

Domain Summit 2024

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the best way of getting a 10k + hits per day site is hard work developing it.

I host a site www.hiphopgame.com and that receives 26,000 hits per day and thats through good content and hand submission to around 900 other similiar sites linkshare programs.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with Ciqala, adding content and promoting your own site is best.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala
I host a site www.hiphopgame.com and that receives 26,000 hits per day and thats through good content and hand submission to around 900 other similiar sites linkshare programs.

If not to sensitive; how much in revenue can you get from the
site monthly and in which way?

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its actually my friends site but i do the hosting for it (thats why i know the stats...)

at the moment he does it for fun... he's a dj by trade so hip hop is a big part of his life.

I know he makes up to $300 from affiliate links to various clothing sites and he gets about $60 per month for each non affiliate ad he has on the site... plus a whole ton of freebies like music and clothing etc.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You need to differentiate between hits and uniques, and the quality of the traffic. 10K of traffic is easy to get, just chuck a few adult galleries on a site and submit them to some tgps. You'll burn bandwidth as your pictures get leeched, and if the traffic is bad, then you won't earn anything. It's quality and whether the surfer has got a credit card in his hand that counts.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, a webpage with 20 small pics in the layout or header would be considered 20 hits - so realistically, hits isn't a great indicator. Like DP said, uniques are much better.

-WC-

P

President Gringo

those sites that sell traffi are probably useless........coz all that traffic is not looking for you, so they will be tricked to get on your site, and then just close the window.......i know thats what i do when that happens to me. I heard someone signed up to something like that, got a shit load of traffic from them, but zero sales.

M

mole

Traffic means NADA today without sales conversion.

I hear bots can be programmed to give your weblogs 1,000,000,000,000,000 hits a day.

MarkyMark

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
random traffic is worth approx 0.005 $ US Dollars a head. That does not include popups or forced redirects, they are worth way less.

On the other hand specific traffic can be worth a lot more. The best example I know of is the search term "mesothelioma" which is a form of injury that lawyers can sue companies for millions for for their clients. They pay $50 US Dollars a click for that traffic. Go to overture.com and spend some lawyer money by searching for "mesothelioma" and click away....

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MarkyMark
"mesothelioma" which is a form of injury that lawyers can sue companies for millions for for their clients. They pay $50 US Dollars a click for that traffic. Go to overture.com and spend some lawyer money by searching for "mesothelioma" and click away....

:laugh:

I like that...

Ciq

K

kingdon

OK that sheds some light, is there a site out there where you can learn how to do the submissions? I know these pay sites that say they will do it for you, just don't deliver. So can you guys point me in the direction of where to find a submission advice web site and a good meta tag analyzer. By the way I paid for a million hits to my site once, and all I got was the bandwidth, they really do just reload your site evey second for a couple of days. Thanks for all the responses,

Don

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about this... Grab an expiring domain that previously contained a high-traffic site, and use it to set up a site with the same general topic. For example, snapnames just snagged a domain for me that has a high number of inbound links. It used to contain a site related to computer hardware and reviews. Assuming the previous owner knowingly let the domain drop and your site contains completely different content from the previous owner's site, are there any ethical or legal problems with this idea?

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MarkyMark
They pay $50 US Dollars a click for that traffic. Go to overture.com and spend some lawyer money by searching for "mesothelioma" and click away....

Thanks for the ideas, Mark.;)

K

kingdon

I would love to have a program that told me which names on my list were a high-traffic site, but where do I get the program and not the service, a stand alone program on my computer that doesn't link and run through the programmers site. Where can I find this info on high inboud links, I just grabbed spidercash.com mostly because on a simple yahoo search it pulled 18 results, but it also sounds cool. ANy way thanks for the posts.

Don

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kingdon when considering a domain these tools will help you no-end and are (i'm sure) a part of almost every single members internet bookmarks...

1. http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/
this tells you how many times the key words in the domains have been searched for on the overture search engine.

eg. HIPHOP.com
first you see if hip hop is a popular term so enter the keywords 'hip hop'
below are the results
Searches done in September 2002
Count Search Term
_115886 _hip hop
_31175 _hip hop lyric
_28319 _hip hop music
_19689 _hip hop clothing
_12768 _hip hop news
_8548 _underground hip hop
_8143 _hip hop jewelry
_7294 _hip hop honeys
_6032 _hip hop wallpaper
_5475 _hip hop dance
_4837 _hip hop clothes
_4428 _hip hop chart
_4300 _rap hip hop..................[cont'd]

now you see if the domain is being search for so enter in quotes "hiphop.com"

Searches done in September 2002
Count Search Term
_5219 _hiphop.com
_93 _hiphop.com underground
_47 _hiphop.com real
_42 _360 hiphop.com
_39 _circa hiphop.com

if it returns a number this means that people are actually trying to find that specific domain name which means you could expect some typeins from people who put the domain into the address bar of their browser trying to find that sitename.

2. http://www.marketleap.com/publinkpop/
type the domain name in here i.e. www.hiphop.com and this will show you how many links there are pointing at this site...

URL List Total Alltheweb AltaVista AOL Google HotBot MSN www.Travelleap.com_ 0_ 0_ 0_ 0_ 0_ 0_ 0_
www.spinnakersailing.com_ 256_ 55_ 41_ 36_ 36_ 43_ 45_
www.popcornpalace.com_ 286_ 162_ 22_ 12_ 12_ 38_ 40_
www.KillerSound.com_ 1,711_ 402_ 253_ 226_ 226_ 300_ 304_
www.hiphop.com_ 2,928_ 770_ 514_ 174_ 174_ 600_ 696_
www.origins.com_ 3,312_ 1,031_ 487_ 264_ 264_ 600_ 666_
www.ggfields.com_ 3,427_ 729_ 409_ 280_ 280_ 800_ 929_
www.chefscatalog.com_ 4,944_ 2,103_ 893_ 270_ 270_ 700_ 708_

both of these tools are free to use and provide a little help in finding out how popular a site is but it is by no means the be-all and end-all of the matter. i reccomend going through the old posts on this forum and doing a hell of a lot of reading... once you get to know what to and what not to look for you are already halfway there...

hope this helped

Ciq

K

kingdon

Thanks Ciquala, that was clear and concise, and I really appreciate it.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom