Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

$12 Million Ordered From Anti-spam Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14855085/wid/11915829?GT1=8506

The head of an organization that fights unwanted bulk e-mail said Friday that an Illinois company will remain on its block list despite a court order and a steep monetary judgment.

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the Spamhaus Project, an international anti-spam organization, to pay $11.7 million in damages to Wheeling-based e360 Insight LLC for blacklisting the company.

Domain Summit 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why US court assumes they can litigate whole world ? And that everyone will obey them ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Read the article, Denny.

However, it was a US company that filed lawsuit in a US court but they can't enforce it in the UK where Spamhaus is based. Also, it's known that Spamhaus.org is too vigilante in their blocking of web sites.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read it. I did not write anything contradicting - an US court made a judgement about an UK company. Which is not in their jurisdiction. This judgement has same power as for example if Iran would sentence JW Bush to death penalty.

Dominata

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spamhause put one of my domains on their list at one time and I had never sent even one email with the domain name. Of course they want you to pay to have it removed. I think spamhaus is a little quick on the trigger to block a domain. I think their service is unreliable and needs to be perfected before they block domain names. I think they should have to prove that the spam came from a domain or accept the consequences. I am glad that their business is coming under scutiny.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spamhause put one of my domains on their list at one time and I had never sent even one email with the domain name. Of course they want you to pay to have it removed. I think spamhaus is a little quick on the trigger to block a domain. I think their service is unreliable and needs to be perfected before they block domain names. I think they should have to prove that the spam came from a domain or accept the consequences. I am glad that their business is coming under scutiny.

They do NOT HAVE TO prove aything, they can put on that list whole internet if they want. But more mistakes they do, less people will use it. I am also on their blacklist for a domain which never sent any spam, I just instructed my customers to force their admins do not use that list. And they did so.

Dominata

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What if you could not get your asking price for a domain name because the buyer thought the name was tainted because you used it for spam. Do you think that spamhaus should be liable for your loss of revenue.
Let's say you were a food critic and you were to say that "General mills puts cockroaches in their Cheerios"
Don't you think you would hear from their lawyers?

zehrila

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What they actually do is block all domains on that certain ip, lets say one domain is doing spam then all other domains hosted on that ip shall get banned(shared hosting) but they shall be released when you change your host.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What if you could not get your asking price for a domain name because the buyer thought the name was tainted because you used it for spam. Do you think that spamhaus should be liable for your loss of revenue.

I agree, I had a premium domain go on there block list, it was using parked servers at the time from revenuedirect, no other domains were blocked, just this one, I also never sent SPAM in my life, and here was my domain on there blacklist, since most of the traffic is type-in, the domain was not effected, but I couldnt sell it for what it was worth, it was blacklisted for about 3 months and then it was removed, I did nothing to remove it, go figure.

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What they actually do is block all domains on that certain ip, lets say one domain is doing spam then all other domains hosted on that ip shall get banned(shared hosting) but they shall be released when you change your host.
Hmmmm, :greenconfused:

It's like saying,
"we found one criminal in one of the streets of London so now we're declaring and publishing black list of every Londoner as criminal unless THEY PAY to clear their name."

You can't punish all domainers for the act of one bad apple sharing the same hosting company(most probably because of the cheap rate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators