Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

12 reasons not t host with Enom

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time, when computers starting marching over the horizon, heavy heavy manuals were required. Computer programmers who grew up to be Internet designers, web site hosts, and resellers were willing to put in the time learning the basic facts.
The Internet came, more study was required.

Managing web sites became as labor intensive as mowing the lawn and tinkering with the car. The methods required to keep this going can be very fatiguing, so web designers and site managers started rounding up better ways to do things. But sometimes more ways doesn't mean better ways...

You are better off signing up with ANY reselling hoster or web hosting by the freeway than wasting one more minute informing Enom why they haven't built asn interface navigable to an advanced user.

to read rest of article, see:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/39480/12_reasons_why_not_to_use_enom_web.html

Domain Summit 2024

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Evidently Enom decided to freelance their outage throughout the weekend and the phones don't work either.

As I determined errors in about 7-10 websites and sent in screenshots, i noticed the techs were not even reading my details and ignored every message after the first reply mentioning that "the outage was clearly notified on the hosting page".

A. That is a lie. I checked 4 different pages there was no notice of a 10 hours extension of an outage.

b) nobody who has a hosting account navigates the fluff pages while traversing to their accounts.

c) enom continues its debacle of an excuse for hosting.

I only found out about the outage after sending in a request for help because the sites were not resolving, then i got a oops we forgot to tell you letter forwarding the outage notice.

Enom is starting to operate like organized crime. I do not see how smtp errors come from migrating folders.

I actually had to write this:
(feel free to copy and paste)
MY SUPPORT REQUESTS ARE FOR DIFFERENT WEB SITE DOMAINS AND DIFFRENT applications inside different files APPLICATIONS OF DIFFERENT DIRECTORIES. iF ENOM EXPECTS TO TAKE DAYS OFF WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT ON MY WEB SITES they will have to expect as many error requests for help as I will write. Too bad if Enom staff do not feel like reading them.
It's called being a web hosting company

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It is the good information for me.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not kidding, this was the reply:

There is certainly no need to be abusive. Even though you are a sub account of XXXXXXXXXX, and technically you should be contacting (them) for support, I am happy to assist you with whatever issues you are having if I can. However, you do not need to submit mulitiple support tickets. You can put all the issues in one case and we can troubleshoot them from there.

As I said in the previous ticket (XXX) I am looking into this and will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Joanne Fleming
Transfer Manager
Technical Support Team
www.enom.com/help

Of what possible dimesnion of customer service could this be termed as a way to treat a customer inquiring naturally about why the sites are not properly working and why when techs do not read the support requests various items such as a dozen errors with different codes might merit be detailed separately?

Of course, if Enom insists on blowing me off anyway, i guess my emails just cause them more (excuse-making) work. How DARE a hosting customer expect working sites and techs that will read them individually.

wow. what a crazy idea that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom