Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

2008 Internext Las Vegas - Moniker Live Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sold 3 out of 5 a pretty good day for me
one missed by $200 from selling

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker's Online Silent Auction at Internext Expo
This Online Domain Auction will take place on the SnapNames Auction platform. We will be accepting bids now through Friday, January 25. Bids will start to close at 3:15 EST/12:15 PST on January 25th, 2008.

All Buyers get FREE Access: so please direct all buyers to : http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/events/185/silent_auction.html

All buyers will need to set up a Snapnames.com account number if they do not have one.

How do I view the Moniker Internext Silent Auction as a seller?

An account was created at Snapnames.com for the each Moniker customer /seller that had names selected for the Moniker internext live and silent auctions. Moniker is using our sister companies, SnapNames.com, for the platform for the silent auction portion.

Please use your email address where we just emailed you in this email, to retrieve you password using the "Forgot Password" tool on the Snapnames website: https://www.snapnames.com/login.sn?sendBack=index.jsp

Customers can view the names that they are selling in the silent auction in their SnapNames.com accounts. You would have to log into the account and click on the
"My Account" tab in the blue toolbar at the top of the page. Under the toolbar, there will be different pages to access; "Domain Sales Info" is the page that you will need to access. On that page, just below the toolbar, you will see text that says 'Select Dashboard:' with a dropdown menu just below it. The default menu is ‘Names Scheduled for Auction.’ You will want to choose 'Names in Auction' to view the list of all of the active auctions of the domains that are being sold.

You also have the option to see names scheduled for auction and Auction history in this menu.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536
FAX: 954-984-0209
MSN: [email protected]

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks john - that sure makes it easier!

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do wish there was a way to edit the reserves as Seller. There is a few from Live I might have taken the high-bid-not-meeting-reserve-causing-a-pass from Live if they visit my names in Silent.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The domains that did not sell in the Live, are they being pushed to Silent? ... I dont see them, perhaps I'm looking on the wrong list.

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Names went to Snap system and now are lost between thousands of Snap names - try to find them there - real challenge.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed. They should have been kept together and separate like all previous auctions.

I'm still bewildered over the Live selections even if I did have a few in there. How the heck did LesbianThumbs.com or BlackPunani.com or HotNakedShemales.com or NudeBeachCamera.com and HugeButtPlugs.com make it over to Live yet Effeminate.com, Eunuchs.com, Fellating.com, Loners.com, ManWoman.com, or Sodomites.com did not?

I guess with 40,000 names though, it would be easy to miss a few. My eyes would be watery and seeing stars.

Go figure.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All the names selected for the silent auction are listed at SilentAuction.moniker.com ...with bidding instructions.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536
FAX: 954-984-0209
MSN: [email protected]

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let me rephrase -- they should have been kept together separate from Snapnames, in the old Moniker format, rather than thrown together at the last minute.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
All the names selected for the silent auction are listed at SilentAuction.moniker.com ...with bidding instructions.

Thank you John,

I have another question, Why is the commission at Snapnames 18% when the agreed commission is 15% as per the Exclusive Right to Sell Agreement?

We never agreed to anything over 15%.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where did you find that, RG?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Where did you find that, RG?

The 15% we agreed to is on the first page of the Right to Sell Agreement, Refer to Paragraph 3 a.

The 18% at Snapnames is calculated, Go to your domains and you'll notice the minimum bid is 18% higher than the reserve.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do wish there was a way to edit the reserves as Seller. There is a few from Live I might have taken the high-bid-not-meeting-reserve-causing-a-pass from Live if they visit my names in Silent.

The next generation of auctions should allow sellers to login to an admin panel where he can accept current live bid. If you are having a good sale you may be willing to lower some of your reserves. How cool would that be? Pending seller acceptance if reserve not met and you have 10 seconds to either accept or deny!

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 18% at Snapnames is calculated, Go to your domains and you'll notice the minimum bid is 18% higher than the reserve.

I guess I'm not seeing that. All mine have the reserves exactly what I set for them under My Account, Domain Sales Info. And when I logout and go in as a new user just searching, they have the correct reserve. Am I looking in the wrong place?

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is a name in there i owned, and submitted, hen sold before the auction- and i told them i had some names that sold and needed tto be removed- and it is still there- and i dont own it. i emailed monte- he needs to remove it.
i posted the otther day about all the names mixed in witth snapnames stuff- yuck ;-(

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clearly this debacle is a learning experience for both Snapnames and Moniker....and sellers.

Keep it clean and separate.

If They want our business they should take note of these comments to help sell names and auctioneers make their % as stated.

3% is more than the agreed 15% ...

The next generation of auctions should allow sellers to login to an admin panel where he can accept current live bid. If you are having a good sale you may be willing to lower some of your reserves. How cool would that be? Pending seller acceptance if reserve not met and you have 10 seconds to either accept or deny!

Not cool. No acceptance to live bids . Wait until the auction has expired. Set your reserves lower to start with if your willing to go lower, making it fair for all 3 parties involved. After the sale is over then maybe the contact info of the highest bidder could be allowed(sent) to the seller, but at a tiered % discount off their ending highest offer. They did, after all, not meet the reserve, but Seller is still looking to sell, Buyer will jump to pay less, seller can make a sale. This keeps it fair.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm not seeing that. All mine have the reserves exactly what I set for them under My Account, Domain Sales Info. And when I logout and go in as a new user just searching, they have the correct reserve. Am I looking in the wrong place?

First go to here: http://SilentAuction.moniker.com

Then click one of your domains from the list, you will be directed to Snapnames, Click continue and look at what the Minimum bid is for your domain.. It should be 18% higher than the reserve you set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom