Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

301 redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaomega

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a website with content. Let say the domain is abc.net with subdomain forum.abc.net.

the condition is such that www.forum.abc.net has PR 7, whereas forum.abc.net has PR N/A because of 301 redirection to the www page.

My problem is that when i did some update, i accidentally delete the redirection codes from .htaccess file. I read some articles and have tried the following to redirect the non-www subdomain to www again:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^forum.abc.net [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.forum.abc.net/$1 [L,R=301]

When i test run the redirection by keying in "forum.abc.net", the browser prompts me an error of infinite looping for the redirection. Can any help me solve the problem?

Domain Summit 2024

Tekime

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this still a problem? The rewrite looks fine. You may have an .htaccess file in your base folder and the forums folder which are causing a conflict - I'd check this first!

alphaomega

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep the site is fine now. The source problem is from "rel canonical" that comes with SEO-all-page plugin for wordpress causing the page to redirect back to non-www.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom