Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

$350,000 Deal at NoktaDomains Tops New Weekly Domain Sales Chart at DNJournal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
true
was surprised and amazed at first, but this guy seems the real deal

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can always trust a Greek, Pred :D Even if he flies a Canuck flag :D

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Girls love online games - cooking games, dress up games, makeup games, they all get huge search in english and french. But from my experience the clicks don't pay well for free online game ads - but if you get thousands of clicks it probably doesn't matter.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Girls love online games - cooking games, dress up games, makeup games, they all get huge search in english and french. But from my experience the clicks don't pay well for free online game ads - but if you get thousands of clicks it probably doesn't matter.

**But from my experience the clicks don't pay well for free online game ads -

** but if you get thousands of clicks it probably doesn't matter. **

It always matters no matter how many clicks your name gets .. game clicks are generally 0,3 cents to 0,8 across the board .. very difficult to make any good money from game names. Unless you have a special deal (high profile client) with your aggregator or a direct feed .. thats a game changer ... if you or i had Cookinggames.com we couldnt make $350K back in ppc rev in 200 years ...

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The value in that domain is developed. I own a few reasonably big online games sites, Craziness.com and URGames.com. Between them they get about 450,000 uniques a month currently, mostly from the 'developing' world. Still they make me around $2500 a month. Getting to the top of Google in the US for cooking games could bring the 2,240,000 people who search for that exact term (source: adwords keyword tool set to exact and US only). Further a lot would turn into repeat visits. Lets say, very conservatively it can bring the same revenue per visitor as I do - bearing in mind most of my traffic is from places like Thailand, Indonesia, Turkey and Brazil rather than the USA - if they got half those searching visiting their website that would be roughly three times the amount I make per month, so $7500. That's $90k a year. Google loves exact matches in .com for search terms, they just need to invest in a good SEO company or a employ a few people to do link building for them. They clearly can afford to do that. My guess is they can get the domain to pay for itself within 18 months if they get started doing SEO now.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent point incka .. I wasn't refering to development but to PPC revenue ... however the purchaser is well into development and SEO

Purchaser/owner: http://www.hallpassmedia.com

Stats: http://www.quantcast.com/p-3c9ytMVVjBUYc

No wonder you make money with all those pop-ups i have to shut down my browser ... remind me not to return to one of your sites again ...

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the back story on this sale read the many comments now on Larry Fischer's blog: http://directnavigation.com/2010/01/wtf-cookinggames-com-sells-for-350000/

The buyer, Bill Karamouzis, commented there on why he paid 350K - massive PPC revenue as Larry originally thought (Bill said he paid 8x). He has a track record of success, so just goes to show - you never know.

Thanks for mentioning. Bill wrote a followup guest post and It's equally as informative and surprising as the original post. http://directnavigation.com/2010/01...he-purchaser-of-cookinggames-com-a-must-read/

all the best

larry

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent point incka .. I wasn't refering to development but to PPC revenue ... however the purchaser is well into development and SEO

Purchaser/owner: http://www.hallpassmedia.com

Stats: http://www.quantcast.com/p-3c9ytMVVjBUYc

No wonder you make money with all those pop-ups i have to shut down my browser ... remind me not to return to one of your sites again ...

Wow that company clearly has a lot of finance in it. I expect some of the domains it owns might have cost more than this one. Makes me wish when I was 16 and had 40,000 daily visitors to my games site I have used the money from it to buy domains and put in the effort to make good sites on them rather than becoming lazy for a few years like I did.

As for popups yeah they are good earners. If you had to shut down your browser perhaps you should try a different one, I've never had problems with Opera on Mac.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some people just have more money than sense it's gonna take a lot of hard work to pull the cash back imho.........

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've done business with Bill Karamouzis, Greg, so what's the "whoring" all about?

The fun part was when Stephen Douglas - an outspoken anti-DomainGang individual - attempted to nullify the interview as non-true. It's 100% real and tough shit to those that don't read DomainGang. See you at TRAFFIC Vegas.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Trust me, that ham was priced at forty grand.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wordpress.pro for wordpress professional, no?? wordpress.com cant udrp buyer IMO if he's a wordpress professional :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom