Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) If they decide their original business model is poor, they may "normalize" the TLD and allow us to set our own name servers. In which case, .tel is rather nice.
If they did, then .tel would be yet another TLD with no particular raison d'être.
To me the whole concept of storing data in the DNS is okay, the only problem is that they added yet another TLD just for that purpose.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got Hoe.tel

:)

Plus a couple others.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Telsters, what do you think about this article ?

R.I.P. Dot Com. We barely Knew Ye!
Enter the dot com killer. Welcome simplicity. Welcome Dot-tel.
I predict that within 4-6 years the .com TLD will be usurped from it’s lofty perch and be forever supplanted by .tel or one of its innovative contemporary TLDs.
IMO it's the type of arrogant BS that makes .tel enthusiasts look like ignorant dreamers and domaining wannabes.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Telsters, what do you think about this article ?

IMO it's the type of arrogant BS that makes .tel enthusiasts look like ignorant dreamers and domaining wannabes.

I am not a dreamer. I just registered a couple of names. Hoe.Tel being the only vanity one. I registered my initals and the cities I live in. That is all. I do not think these things will go anywhere as far as price. That is why I didn't invest in several others I found available.

Sterling, nice! I hadn't thought of that. I just checked moe.tel and mow.tel, both taken.

Thanks!

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My thoughts are at my blog, in 4 parts - the 5th and final part will be posted sometime today :D - acro.net

BTW, none of the .tel domains I registered yesterday resolves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are at my blog, in 4 parts - the 5th and final part will be posted sometime today :D - acro.net

BTW, none of the .tel domains I registered yesterday resolves.

I'm waiting the 5th part!

Last edited by a moderator:

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro, the reason they are likely not resolving is that there is about a 12 hour lag from when first registered. Also you need to log into their backend system and enter some data before will likely resolve. Their systems have been overwhelmed. I registered 7 .TELs yesterday once they opened it up. Had to use 3 registrars to try and get the names, as so many people were taking .TEL so fast and there was a delay from 2 of the 3 registrars. Moniker was the only one that could near instantly acquire .TEL names for me once the flood gates were opened up yesterday (albeit at a higher $14.99 price), Dynadot had them for $10.99 :) but was extremely slow in processing orders by PayPal. DomainDiscount24.com was the worst and was unable to acquire 3 other .TELs I was trying for.

You can see an example of how they resolve by clicking here (I am using the FOLDERS element to do sub menus with sub domains on my .TEL web pages, an example is the "Christian Books" link).

Think of .TELs as a mini web site that comes with free hosting (including in the reg. fee price) that works on both mobile phone (iPhone, etc) and regular browsers. You can do sub menus, web links, polling, etc.

They give examaples of doing polling/voting and running a Gossip type Hollywood site with your .TEL on the telnic.org site.

.TELs are way more useful than I originally heard about or imagined. I am using their back end system to try and be creative with my .TELs (currently which is hard to log in and is likely overloaded due to so many people entering their intial .TEL domain data/text updates).

I acquired many single word prime keywords and a few double word highly searched keywords relating to my web site before I saw that many good .TEL names were gone by last evening. I am a Christian minister and evangelist and distribute free writings and music via the web. I am not into domain monetization, so .TELs might not be good for people trying to maximize money out of .TELs, but for the average web customer that wants his/her information up on the web so people can find their resources and contact them, .TELs seems to fit that segment...

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I won't say I didn't register any - I did, probably 7 or 8 .tel domains. But the overall impact is, that .tel is the worst generic TLD released ever, under the aspis of ICANN.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
cee, are you trying to justify your purchases after the deed is done? I will say this: any TLD that *forces* me to spend $325 per domain during sunrise to protect my trademark is criminal.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's not the point my friend. Like hell I'd pay $325. But it's the first time in TLD history that pricing is different during the sunrise period. The .tel story deserves some really deep scrutiny.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also make sure to get listed in the free TELODEX link directory, so other people and search engine crawlers can find links to your .TEL name/web info. I just found this directory, and I'm sure many new directories will be popping up to cater to .TEL domains soon.

Many people are doing creative stuff, making link web sites (of a fashion) with their .TEL domains and sub-domains, and some people are now able to receive e-mail with their .TEL domains by adding a .MX record at their registrar or via the SOAP interface to the .TEL data. Search the telsters forum for tips on how to do these creative things.

Click here to see the .TEL sites already indexed in Google.

Pretty creative sites, and more than I had expected...

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you need a directory to list .tel domains, which are essentially contact pages with links on them, then it's crystal clear that the .tel TLD is a sore loser. Not even good as linkfarms.

Search for "pills.tel" in Google, then tell me what is the #1 result ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom