Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

$5000 for a single word .com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if $5000 is enough for a one-word .com that's brandable. :rolleyes:

And $10000?

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on the word.

If the word is "Computers", you might want to add a few zeroes.

If the word is, say, "Indivisibility" (just thought of that one randomly), knock off a zero or two.

Are you asking because you had a particular word in mind?

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on the word.

If the word is "Computers", you might want to add a few zeroes.

If the word is, say, "Indivisibility" (just thought of that one randomly), knock off a zero or two.

Are you asking because you had a particular word in mind?

No, no particular word in mind but I've been looking for some .com name to start a online shopping store. The budget is $5000 - $10000 depending on the name. Something like endless.com, target.com, etc. Possible?

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I let go a good one for $700... had it for sale on here and NP forever. Definitely possible with that budget.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, no particular word in mind but I've been looking for some .com name to start a online shopping store. The budget is $5000 - $10000 depending on the name. Something like endless.com, target.com, etc. Possible?

If you can land target.com in that price range, give me a call and I'll double your money ;)

It really does depend on the word. It's no secret that brandable dictionary words are valuable, so I can guarantee you that whoever you're making the offers to have received plenty of other offers, and yours is just another one of them.

And believe me when I tell you that there are buyers equipped with much deeper pockets than yours, so if the seller knows what he's doing, a better-backed, more willing buyer won't take long to outlast you.

My advice would be to stick to .com, and avoid words that can be confused with the singular or plural forms (i.e. laptop.com/laptops.com) - you have to buy both names to truly control the keyword.

I'll tip you off though... brandbucket.com could be a good bet, given the fact that their business model addresses situations such as yours in which a brandable domain name is sought.

Good luck.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insights! I agree it depends on the name.

I checked brandbucket.com but the names don't quite appeal to me. I can still find plenty available pronunciable 5 - 6 words .com for much less than a few thousand dollars.

If you can land target.com in that price range, give me a call and I'll double your money ;)

It really does depend on the word. It's no secret that brandable dictionary words are valuable, so I can guarantee you that whoever you're making the offers to have received plenty of other offers, and yours is just another one of them.

And believe me when I tell you that there are buyers equipped with much deeper pockets than yours, so if the seller knows what he's doing, a better-backed, more willing buyer won't take long to outlast you.

My advice would be to stick to .com, and avoid words that can be confused with the singular or plural forms (i.e. laptop.com/laptops.com) - you have to buy both names to truly control the keyword.

I'll tip you off though... brandbucket.com could be a good bet, given the fact that their business model addresses situations such as yours in which a brandable domain name is sought.

Good luck.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name does not need to have any meaning if you BRAND it.
These are companies which have names has nothing to do with the products or services:
sears
amazon
godaddy
fabulous

I have a couple ones that you can buy/brand and make a couple of millions.
Bocer
CACKER
CUGAN
LeanZ
Radoe
Rumse
SIANN
TROUN
Auriane
BaMaLa

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let me know if you are still looking - i might have a few names that may fit your search. - send me a PM

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name does not need to have any meaning if you BRAND it.

Hmmm, you are right. Not necessarily a meaningful .com name but a premium one would do. The goal is for the visitors to have as much confidence in shopping on this site as possible. Premium .com names are the best way to do that.

let me know if you are still looking - i might have a few names that may fit your search. - send me a PM

Thanks! Just replied to your PM. I'm still looking.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
many words would fit, e.g. here are some synonims of 'huge', most of these should be in that range
behemothic, bulky, colossal, cyclopean, elephantine, enormous, extensive, gargantuan, giant, gigantic, great, gross*, humongous, immeasurable, immense, jumbo, leviathan, lusty, magnificent, mammoth, massive, mighty, mondo, monster*, monstrous*, monumental, mountainous, outsize, oversize, planetary, prodigious, stupendous, titanic, towering, tremendous, vast, walloping, whopping

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overpowering_com is listed on DNF for a time here

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you'd like to PM me with a description of your project and your budget, I can scout domains for you. They won't be my domains, and they won't be my buddies' domains. They'll just be the best domains that fit your needs for the best prices out there.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the help, I have found what I've been looking for.

many words would fit, e.g. here are some synonims of 'huge', most of these should be in that range
behemothic, bulky, colossal, cyclopean, elephantine, enormous, extensive, gargantuan, giant, gigantic, great, gross*, humongous, immeasurable, immense, jumbo, leviathan, lusty, magnificent, mammoth, massive, mighty, mondo, monster*, monstrous*, monumental, mountainous, outsize, oversize, planetary, prodigious, stupendous, titanic, towering, tremendous, vast, walloping, whopping

Seriously? great, immense, mighty, vast fit in the $5000 - $10000 range? I thought they were in the $50000 - $1000000 range...but thanks for the tip! ;)

Last edited:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
curious what you ended up buying - let us know once the transaction is complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators