Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

59,000 uniques a day adult site

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got the owner of an adult site that gets apox. 59,000 uniques a day to sell his name for $150. I found a website that sells scripts for tgp websites and they listed the top 200 websites using their scripts. The name was listed in it saying it had 59,000 uniques on august 7th for that day. Here's the catch it was listed in the top 20 listings for the keyword pussy when I checked last week, now its gone completely. I checked alexa to see when the last update of his site was and it said 2001. When it was listed in yahoo when you click on it nothing came up, it would page not found. Could yahoo have taken it down because it was not being used? According to alexa it has about 3,000 links linking in but i checked alot of the thinks and they are not good links. Also they say its ranked in 16,000 -20,000 range(even though I dont like alexa) My question is do you think I should pay him $150 for it, is it worth it?

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cant say till i buy it (if I buy it). That is the whole point of this post asking your opinion if I should based on the details i provided

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For $150 I would take a shot at it, if it does not work out theres always ebay...

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, I don't know. I found a site on ebay ones that toted large traffic numbers for that month - and when I looked closer at the auctions they had bought 2 months prior, there were a handful of feedbacks for some auctions he bought where there was someone selling guaranteed traffic to their site.

might it be that this was something along those lines? If they had a great day or week or month, might be artifically true.

-WC-

P

President Gringo

thats what i was thinking. Theres nothing stopping someone paying for traffic, and then making out its regular traffic. Once you got the name, it will stop getting the traffic. According to your research i think you know the answer on this one.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If it's a trafic trading site and you go off the air for 5 or 6 days you lose all your traffic and the site is back to square 1. Maybe worse because you might get blacklisted. You need to know if there are any bookmarkers for example and what his trading was like - productivity etc. Unless the name i s outstanding like sex.com don't buy it for the name.

ganglandstyle

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adult traffic is impossible to gauge unless you have it physically on your server and you have complete control over all links in and out of the site. Alexa can be fooled in many different ways. I would be interested in the name of the TGP software that was used--if they know what the traffic is/was, they may be taking some percentage of the traffic in exchange for free software. I have done traffic/tgp/pic sites (bikiniaddict.com is one) and the secret is in the traffic trades you do personally via email. Good luck!

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just talked with the owner and he said he got 150,000 hits a day

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by eddie1278
I just talked with the owner and he said he got 150,000 hits a day

Sounds very fishy that he's only asking $150 for it. Maybe the bandwidth charges are killing him, LOL

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he had no affiliate banners on his site thats why, it was just a tgp trading traffic. But I do beleive that the majority of his traffic was coming from yahoo. He was listed #13 in yahoo for the keword pussy now the sites gone. What if the site gets put back do you think yahoo will put it back at 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom