Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain sold for $25K ..but

agarje

Reaction score
Hi,
Just sold my domain for $25K on godaddy auctions, seeking advice from experts on the issue I faced.
Exec summary of the issue as timeline ->
Offer received for $25K => Converted offer into 7 day auction =>during final 14 hours, purchased "Featured" listing product by godaddy => Listing disappeared from platform and was not available for other potential bidders.

Details:
1. Converted offer into 7 day auction : This is an option by Godaddy where, when you receive an offer you can either counter or convert to auction and the offer becomes first bid and you can potentially get more for the domain via auction or sell it for the first bid/ offer received.
2. During final 14 hours, purchased "Featured" listing product by godaddy: did this to attract more buyers/ views on the listing during final crucial hours
3. Listing disappeared: There was a technical issue after I purchased the Featured listing service, and the listing disappeared from the platform but I was able to see it in the background as "live" being owner, but no one else had access to it and godaddy service agents also realized it when I called/ chat with them.

the issue was not resolved in time and auction ended, I decided to honor the agreement as I didn't want buyer to wait more/ lose interest/ be unfair with them.

I am not sure what should I do now...

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks... sorry to hear it man. What did you end up doing? Or at least, which options were you considering?

Also, how did GoDaddy respond to the fact that you got fleeced out of the last 14 hours of the auction? And was not honoring it even an option? Unless GoDaddy specifically offered you that option, I don't think their rules allow you to pull out of the auction. In which case, they should bare even more responsibility as their rules literally forced you to honor the botched auction. Plus, it's not like they can't afford to shell out for their mistakes in order to keep the customers happy...

I assume you do not wish to disclose the domain name?

agarje

Reaction score
Don't mind disclosing it, cloudx.io. I didn't reply earlier as I was trying to work with their after sales team, well they refunded $19.98 fees and declined to do anything else about it. It's not about the amount the domain was sold for or could've been sold for, it's about fair chance...which I didn't get and will forever think about "what if.."

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why would you convert an offer into an auction?
Surely you understand why? I assume you're implying it's not "nice" to do so? If you on the other hand really don't know why he would want to do that... it's so that the market sets the final price, which could actually be higher than the offer. I myself only bid at the end, as do many, so it is fair to assume there's a chance more people would be interested in the final hours, even minutes... which could potentially raise the price if there is more than 1 party interested.

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't mind disclosing it, ------.-- I didn't reply earlier as I was trying to work with their after sales team, well they refunded $19.98 fees and declined to do anything else about it. It's not about the amount the domain was sold for or could've been sold for, it's about fair chance...which I didn't get and will forever think about "what if.."
Thank you for disclosing it man, I was really curious and now I'm pleasantly surprised... as I am every time a domain that is not a .com gets sold at 25K+ 😂 I guess I'm just old, because for me... dot com is still the king. I would only ever start a company on anything else if I also owned the .com that I could forward to it (or if I had assurances I could buy it later). But I see so many of these sales lately that clearly not everyone is thinking the same as me it seems...

I understand your "what if", I usually get that feeling with women if I don't give it a shot - so I do, even when I probably should not 😂 and I bet I would also get the same "what if" feeling over a $25K domain if this ever happened to me... Nonetheless, I like the price you got for it and don't think you should feel too bad about the price itself, as you don't seem to be... missing out on the lottery though, that I totally understand (especially since they probably could afford to compete a bit).

Best, Z (brah, I actually signed the post like it's a f---in email 😂 I'm out...)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom