Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld A domain I really want is in "Redemption"... what are my chances of getting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually that can vary depending upon the DNS TTL and your registrar, which may still resolve the domain while it is in grace.

Domain Summit 2024

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did it drop yet?

Either it did, and he is too paranoid to say what it is, or it from another domainer, who like many people here, let their domain registration go into redemption before they renew it.

I offered to find the actual registrant for him, but he did not take me up on the offer, so either he has it now, is trying to get the TBR, or cannot want it that badly to accept some help.:undecided:

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, mine for one hasn't done anything. I think it must have been renewed, but I'm not sure why the CIRA whois looks like this:

Domain name status: redemption
Expiry date: 2010/12/07
Updated date: 2011/01/20

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A big thanks to msn for helping me find more info on the domain I'm after!

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A big thanks to msn for helping me find more info on the domain I'm after!

:smilewinkgrin: I am happy to assist. Now if our original poster would take a gawk we would be on our way here.

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of negotiating with the current owner...looks like the domain will never hit TBR. By the sounds of things, it was never going to.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Been a little busy lately... so here's the deal to provide closure on all that happened...

The domain got renewed by its original owner, from what I can tell. The "creation" date stayed the same, and the domain now resolves to the original parked page (I remember the photo from when I first tried to investigate it).

Oddly enough, contact details to include a phone number (a 416 number and an Ottawa mailing address; an atypical combination) are present, despite the WHOIS being set to private before. I'm planning to give the owner a call next week or maybe even tomorrow if things aren't too busy for me.

MSN, I do appreciate the offer to help. I will say that I purposefully neglected your first PM, as I was hesitant to disclose what the name was, when it is quite possible that someone on here could be the owner, and the fact that I gave an idea as to how much I was willing to pay could have put me in a very weak position, should that circumstance have arisen.

The second PM I read earlier today and figured I'd just explain it all here.

Now, time to make the phone ring and hope I can land myself the name. :)

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck grcorp!

I have acquired the domain I was after, thanks again to msn for his help! We initially wanted greencollar,com, but the owner wanted $100,000+, in the end we picked up greencollar,ca for $750.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck grcorp!

I have acquired the domain I was after, thanks again to msn for his help! We initially wanted greencollar,com, but the owner wanted $100,000+, in the end we picked up greencollar,ca for $750.

Good for you!

It is nice to see a registrant sell and a developer buy without the registrar middle-man eating the difference in a TBR auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom