Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Adsense Ready" websites - Do they make Cents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamesBond

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here's my issue: I currently park my domains, and I'm doing O.K., but I'd like to take the next step and develop a few web sites and place adsense ads on them. Sadly, I have NO site development expertise (I'm a "technology challenged" guy :)). I've heard about these "Adsense Ready" webpages, which seem to be a non-technical, "plug & play" way to get a website up and running, where they supply all the content and ads. I'd like to know what you think about these pages, pro and con. Also, I'd like to know how you think these "pre-packaged" options compare to using custom templates, websites, etc., created here by the nice DNforum folks. (Note: Please, keep all responses as simple and "newbie friendly" as possible. Thank you!)

Domain Summit 2024

discdrome

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I too was in the same situation as you. I have some good names that were parked and not earning a very good amount of money.

Definately the best way to maximise earnings is to build site, with unique content, if you can create 200-300 pages you should make much more money.

I didnt really have the time to do this myself, I got DNF to do some for me as a test. http://www.dnforum.com/service_ppc.php it cost $50 each. One site I have was making €1-2 per day at sedo, I payed $50 for PPC template here, it now makes $3-6 per day, so its a good improvement.

Discdrome

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made some custom made 1-pagers with adsense and they are really doing better than parked pages. Some of them do better as parked pages!

pm me for info.

thanks,

Foodie

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Me three. I sympathize and admire your willingness to learn. I just started at the beginning of the year, and now have 25 developed sites. I started out by picking up a book that I felt would be idiot-proof (me), called "Create Your Own Website: 5 Easy Projects in full color" by Scott Mitchell, published by samspublishing.com. It came with a CD-ROM. While I don't use that software program anymore, and now operate Dreamweaver, I am exceedingly grateful to the source for its extremely simple, even non-technical language. It takes a person from picking a host, talk about File Transfer Protocol, editing pictures, to giving you templates. It got me started, showed it was possible, and got rid of some of my fear. Some issues had to be worked out, but there always are.

And one more: by making your own sites, no matter how simple, and getting your ad accounts, you eliminate the middleman and make much more money. You can learn quickly by reading and observation plus experimentation about getting your sites through the search engines to where they are decent. And even if not, you would not be worse off than parking where most of the traffic accepted is through type-ins.

Good luck, and I hope this is slightly helpful.

NamesBond

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the wonderful input! I'm curious though, how important do you think "unique" content is vs. the canned stuff. (I've read that Google picks up on any duplicate content and that this will negatively effect your ability to earn income.) Any additional thoughts?

Thanks again for all your responses!

Foodie

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the duplicate content issue...I guess what I've tried to do is to provide a good service to those who stop in at my "house" (sites), and then if they are interested, they stop longer and then look at the advertising. Perhaps I'm too honest. I HAVE noticed that often trying to look for real content on the web is very difficult, because everything is laden with ads and links to more ads. Thus, bumbling along in as honest a way as possible, I have done all right in the search engines. Just my 2 cents, but I'm sure there are many ways, and many thoughts.

Malaysia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well i think i might also start to develop websites into my own adsense ads.. n increase my ppc earnings..

lionheartk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I only wish google could pay by paypal too :-D

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess no!! I run two web directories.. when a Made For Adsense type of website is submitted where you see more of ads than the real content I simply delete it!!

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
They can pay by direct deposit to your bank account.

I guess it is only for U.S.. do they do this for all countries ? like India ?:bowl:

Jeba

forumrating

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i agree namesbond, im in a similar situation too,
i jus am thinking what to do, as parking revenue is 0.03 cents to $2 / click
and adsense can be $0.03 cents to $20 a click , so just cant imagine how much revenues parking companies would be fetching,

not sure if theres any other option where you get good revenue in parking itself,
back to the question, it would be nice if u add the adsense codes yourself

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cooljeba said:
I guess it is only for U.S.. do they do this for all countries ? like India ?:bowl:

Jeba

They have a list of countries that are approved to make those kind of payments. The second way is receiving a check with a regular envelope...the third is paying 24 usd to get a DHL special service that arrives to your home quickly. The last service could be only good to someone who makes thousands of dollars.

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ColdGin said:
They have a list of countries that are approved to make those kind of payments. The second way is receiving a check with a regular envelope...the third is paying 24 usd to get a DHL special service that arrives to your home quickly. The last service could be only good to someone who makes thousands of dollars.

I know about the cheque thing.. lemme check it myself :) if India is there in the list or not :p

Jeba

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators