Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

"Adultportal" keyword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehdonhon

Open-source developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that some of the domains I have had on my sedo account that were optimized by sedo have a special "adultportal" keyword. When I look at the parking page, they have a lot more links organized in a nicer format than domains with my regular keywords added.

So here's some questions:

1) I am assuming that "Adultportal" has some special meaning attached to it that tells the sedo system to do something differently, is that correct?

2) Are there any other "???portal" words available for other topics? If so, how can I find out about them?

3) How do I get one of my domains set up to use the special portal view on the parking page? I've tried just suggesting "Adultportal" as a keyword on the optimization screen, but I get the red "No valid keyword" square, and I don't think my suggestion is being passed on.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there ehdonhon,

I'll reply to this as I think it's of general interest to everyone.

I was surprised to see that Adultportal didn't go through to the suggestion check and decided to try it on my own domain in the system. I also got the red square until I realised that what you actually need to put in is adultportal (with a small 'a')! Alternatively, you can put 'Adult Portal'. Normally, our keyword optimizer is not case sensitive, but this does seem to be an exception. Please note that if you click the magnifying glass on the right of the keyword input field, then it will show you a web portal and not an adult portal. However, once the keyword is accepted, people viewing the site will see an adult portal.

The Adult Portal - as recommended in an earlier thread - is definitely our best solution for adult traffic and does have very satisfying results for our customers.
However, please remember that it is only suitable for adult traffic and is not simply a 'fix-all' solution. If our Keyword suggestion team see 'adultportal' for a non-adult or non-adult-related domain, then they won't let it through the check!

The other portal page we provide is the Web Portal which looks like
http://avg.co.uk or http://englishabc.net
As google obviously provides adverts for 'web portal' as a keyword, this has to either be set internally or you have to put in a keyword for which there are absolutely no google ads. One which appears to work is "1111111111" (10 1s). The web portal can be set up very quickly by a Sedo representitive, so you can simply email us if you'd like it done.
I would only recommend the web portal as a solution if you have a domain which there probably won't be a keyword for. It is normally far better for your parking revenue if you have a relevant keyword to the domain with the relevant 10 adverts on the page.

Email me if there's anything else I can do to help.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators