Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Al Gore Wants My Domains ClimateProject.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All this talk of big bucks with ClimateProject.com caused me to check the other major tld's. I was shocked to see that no one reading this thread (and especially the owner of the .com) had taken ClimateProject.us; not as surprised about ClimateProject.cc -- but I helped myself to both of them.

You get an F in creativity but an A for Chutzpah (look it up if you don't know it).
This definition fits best: "someone who has over-stepped the boundaries of accepted behaviour for selfish reasons."

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow. you must be so proud outwitting all the domainers in this thread.

The difference is that I regged before the climate project existed, were I to register after being made aware of it, then I would be acting in bad faith.

ClimateProject.mobi and even climateproject.eu is available perhaps you should register these also.
Gee, it wasn't anything personal. You're the king buddy. No one is taking that away from you. Touchy...

Bad faith? It's obvious the group doesn't want it if they are offering you big bucks and they could easily have regged them at any time. And they didn't even trademark the project. I don't even know if one can trademark a big scam.

Actually, I'd like to do the opposite of what they are doing with their version of the name -- tell the truth about the lack of human involvement with Climate Change. I've got my own agenda with the names.

And don't act so high and mighty about "bad faith/good faith", after all your oh boy, oh boy, oh boy Al Gore wants my name, and look at all the money everyone wants to pay me!! Why don't you just sell it to the inventor fo the internet for a reasonable amount of money. That would be good faith.

As for the .mobi and .eu -- they don't make sense.

You get an F in creativity but an A for Chutzpah (look it up if you don't know it).
This definition fits best: "someone who has over-stepped the boundaries of accepted behaviour for selfish reasons."
Thank you. I'll take that A. As for the creativity, if everyone were only creative as you say, there would only be one owner of all tlds for any given term. For some reason, most tld's seem to have different owners.

I have a funny feeling all this is because it's Al Gore behind this. If it was someone form the other side of the aisle, I'd be hearing, quick everyone, get those other tlds quick!

Again, if they wanted those tld's, they'd have bought them long before I just did. Al Gore supposedly knows all about the internet.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have also recieved 12 begging emails from people claiming that a family member was killed during Hurricane Katrina, Asian Tsumani and some thing about wanting to use it as a shrine to victims of Disasters caused by the Climate Change.

One person even sent a picture of themselves in a Hostpital Bed in Florida, and another send me an awful picture of a child with tubes and machines connected to her.

Bottom Line, they want me to give them the domain to raise funds to help them and they want it for free.

You got this from showing you have high morals and a kind gentle side, if I owned this domain, I would most likely receive death threats demanding that I hand it over :lol:

yoyosean

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Al Gore can afford to pay you nicely for it, He invented the internet.

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I were to give it away, I would give it direct to the project and not Mr Gore.

This is a mute point; I decided not to give it away or sell, but to keep it and build a link directory for all the Projects and Information sites reference this subject.

Smart - money wins in the end. Good to see someone not fall for the reverse hijack crap.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Al Gore can afford to pay you nicely for it, He invented the internet.

What is it with people saying that Al Gore invented the Internet, it is well known that his comments were taken out of context on the CNN interview with Wolf Blitzer.

Al Gore never once claimed he invented the internet, he merely stated that he was responsible in part from an economic and legistlative sense for fostering the development of technology that we all now know as the internet.

The internet is not a homogenous entity, its a collection of computers, networks, switches, protocols, standards and applications. The internet was never created it was an evolution and was about as far back as the early 1970s, years before Gore was a senator.

Al Gore does of course deserve thanks for his part in promoting and sponsoring the development of the technology, but thats as far as it goes.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is it with people saying that Al Gore invented the Internet, it is well known that his comments were taken out of context on the CNN interview with Wolf Blitzer.

Al Gore never once claimed he invented the internet, he merely stated that he was responsible in part from an economic and legistlative sense for fostering the development of technology that we all now know as the internet.

I'm not taking sides here, but if you reference the CNN March 9, 1999 Interview, this is what he actually said:

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,18390,00.html

Then when he spoke at the September 26, 2000 town hall meeting, he jokingly referenced inventing the internet to:
"I invented the environment."

Al Gore is prone to exaggerating his record, and will be joked about what he said as long as the internet exists.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
VP's in general tend to be the butt of jokes. Cheney, Gore, Quayle. They don't tend to get a lot of respect.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Al Gore is a jerkoff politician like every other one, democrat and republican. They're only interested in how much power they can get and they all love taxing the hell out of us. I say sell them for as much as you can. It's not like he can't afford it.

Sorry to be so negative but I can't stand both parties at the moment...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands...THEY offered 21k last?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

skylark

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Offer the domains for 1,000. BUT . . . require that a paper bill of sale be personally signed by Gore. It's history in the making. Combining Gore's place in internet and climate issues. The document will eventually be priceless.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make no mistake about it, Al Gore has turned "global warming" into big business. To think otherwise is foolish. As with any politician in his position, you can be sure his motives are all about funneling as much cash as possible to his business buddies while making it look like he's saving the planet.

He may very well have spent a bunch of his money in the process, but he will recoup that 100 fold at the end of the day, and when it all comes down to it, will have not made the tiniest bit of difference in "global warming".

Man Bear Pig indeed.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do not donate the domains. Nobody would appreciate it. Unless you are a millionaire and can afford it.

They were hundred possible available names for their project and they have chosen yours. Why?

Just link (for free) to your favorite climate projects if any (Al Gore is not the only one) and use the page for your own advertising etc.

And if you want to sell it, 10k for Climateproject(.)com is OK, plural should be cheaper.

The is no good cause here. Nobody dies, if you do not donate to Al Gore. You can link to a different ecological program to support somebody else. Al Gore does not own a monopoly to climate programs.

Anyway, I personally support what he does, but it does not mean that he is the only one and that he/his people should choose names for their programs that already exist if there are many other good options.

kylewill

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I knew there had to be one Al Gore lover in here. Classic... LOL. Al Gore had nothing and I repeat nothing to do with the growth, discovery, success, or the idea of the internet just like he has nothing to to with educating people on the climate. He made a movie, big deal, so now it's his? He funded an internet study so now he's Mr. iNet? I suppose he funded all the research for gloabal warming too? C'mon he made a movie, that's all people. LOL. As I said in the previous post Al Gore is nothing more than a celebrity politician trying capitalize on the works of others. My intention of the previous post was to help NameStrand make a decision about his domain names and not to get into a political debate with some fanactical Gore lover. You love him, good for you. I was on topic!

Cheers,

Acro

OMFG... Still reading the thread.. but you posted 3 times off-topic before anyone else. Wow dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom