Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Any DNF members going to Las Vegas Pubcon Nov 2006??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll be there again, my 3rd time attending. I just did the research and Saraha has the best rates, about $40/night booked via Vegas.com. It's about a 20 minute walk to the Convention Center, but the weather's great in November. I also just booked a front-row center seat for The Blue Man Group for the Monday night before the conference. There are great seats available booking this early.

Pubcon.com has the details. I have no connection to the organizers except a happy customer/attendee going for the 3rd time. There are generally about 1,000+ domainers, SEO folks, PPC and affiliate program folks -- the biggest event in the industry. I attended TRAFFIC this year but Pubcon had more material relative to my business.

I'll also be hiking Zion and Bryce (in nearby Utah) either before or after the conference.

Any other DNF people attending?

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll be there, really looking forward to it.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just JP and I? Anyone else headed out?

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JP, I've never been. Is this similar to traffic or a completely different thing targetted towards SEO? I was thinking of going, I guess i have a day left to buy my ticket for $599 or so.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been to TRAFFIC once (Feb 2006) and I've been to the last 2 Pubcons in Las Vegas. Both are VERY well organized, had good material, and a lot of fun.

Pubcon gets about 1,500 people (my estimate), most attendees are familiar with the domain industry and are in the process of building web sites with original content and/or PPC sites. The biggest focus is SEO and developing business relationships with affiliates and content providers. All the major PPC companies are there, as well as Moniker.com. Total cost of attending is under $1,000 since rooms in Vegas are cheap.

TRAFFIC is about 300 people, narrowly focused on reselling UNDEVELOPED domain names and PPC income. The big names from the newsmaking sales are there, and of course they are interesting people. Cost of attending will generally be over $2,000 with a higher registration fee and usually it's held in places with expensive hotel rooms.

If you've got lots of domains with TYPE IN traffic and/or you've got a very high profile domain to sell, "Traffic" is your best choice.

If you're buying domains for eventual development, need to BUILD traffic, concerned about SEO issues, want to talk to PPC and lead generating companies, Pubcon is a better choice.

If you've got a limited budget or can only do one show, I think Pubcon is the best bang for your buck.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, this show is becoming more and more “mainstream / high level” – ie, not just for webmasters anymore. My company is sending me, and the speaker list includes John Battelle, Danny Sullivan and Guy Kawasaki. Google and Yahoo are both heavily involved. I’m really looking forward to it.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I should have mentioned that both Google and Yahoo have always had booths, speakers, and a lot of people there. John Berryhill and Matt Cutts were speakers last year. I even met Phillip Kaplan there (fu*kedcompany.com) representing Adbright.com.

Last year I was a guest on Monte (Moniker.com) Cahn's radio program from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators