Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone else had a massive drop in traffic lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few websites and noticed that traffic has dropped by 80% over the last week just wondered if any of you have had a similar problem.
All the sites i have are different topics its not just one site its all of them.

Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google recently changed its algorithm and you might suffering from that.

If you have "content farm" content, static pages, or sites predominantly ads - google has handed you a pink slip.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again, please note If you know of a high quality site that has been negatively affected by this change, please bring it to our attention in this thread. Note that as this is an algorithmic change we are unable to make manual exceptions, but in cases of high quality content we can pass the examples along to the engineers who will look at them as they work on future iterations and improvements to the algorithm

Notice how google defines a high quality site as high quality content. Existing or pre-existing high traffic is no assurances of High Quality Site with High Quality Content.

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very true Doc Com i think that google are stabbing themselves in the foot here considering that alot of sites have adsense on them which means less visitors for you and me, less clicks + less revenue for us and google alot of people are not inpressed it would be interesting to see if this latest update gets that many complaints that they revert back to whatever it was before google might change there mind when they realise they lost $1 million in revenue last month.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a "high-quality" site that has been negetively effected by the Panda update. No I will not post it here as it is currently a front-end for one of my brick-n-morter businesses. And yes, it is not at all a link farm or spammy short of it's own business purpose. And no I have not linked it to any link farms whatsoever.

That said, I am updating the site and paying careful attention to how it appears to google. We will see.

edit - and no, I host no outside advertisements such as adsense or what have you.

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do have adsense on my sites and earnings have dropped from £50 a day down to £10 a day now, just shows you the difference the google update has done, all other search engines traffic is on track to be the same as previous months so far.

rmbdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YES! Some of my blog / store websites which do have ad-sense dropped over 80% in traffic over the last couple days. Google is going to be angering a lot of people...

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google is going to be angering a lot of people...
They never care for that..
They did fu*k a lot of people

if you search for "Ladies Doctor"
http://www.healthgrades.com/group-d.../ladies-doctor-ob-gyn-medical-clinic-cad2df0c
comes up 1st.

My site Ladies Doctor comes at 51st place.

When I asked them to re-consider my site - they said my site is not that good to be re-considered.

Not sure how HeathGrades.com manages to be on 1st place.
Irrespective of which state/city you are in you will be shown a doctor from San Diego, CA

I am not sure how that is going to help improve Google search results.

Last edited:

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a coincidence regarding the update but holiday.com according to alexa http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/holiday.com# there traffic rank has dropped by a long way in the last month, isn't this the busiest time of the year to book a holiday?

Last edited:

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I asked them to re-consider my site - they said my site is not that good to be re-considered.

Not sure how HeathGrades.com manages to be on 1st place.
Irrespective of which state/city you are in you will be shown a doctor from San Diego, CA

I am not sure how that is going to help improve Google search results.

Your site is a directory that lacks content.
Healthgrades.com has that too but it looks more professional.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stock, I'm sorry to say but the two sites you mentioned are on different levels.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do agree healthgrades.com is a bigger site and better site.

the page they are showing is not any better and definitely don't qualify for a 1st page 1st position irrespective of which state/city you search from.

Where as my site only dealing with OB/GYN

with Panda update they just focused on Bigger sites and gave them too much attention they don't deserve.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I have a large site with completely unique quality content, and lots of visitors, (3-month global Alexa currently at about 9K).
But the last 30 days search engine traffic has dropped from about 15% of the new visitors, down to about 5%. For several keywords we had both #1 and #2 spot in Google, or for some #2 and #3 - now it's dropped down to #15 or even lower.
That said, we're still kept the traffic up fairly well... it's dropped perhaps 4-5%, but at the same time Alexa has continued down too, meaning we have a larger share of the Global traffic, so the Global traffic apparently has dropped more than the loss we're seeing...

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if you focus on "quality" you are usually pretty safe from most google algo updates.

Not sure if this is a coincidence regarding the update but holiday.com according to alexa http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/holiday.com# there traffic rank has dropped by a long way in the last month, isn't this the busiest time of the year to book a holiday?

Definitely not, its the off season for most locations.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kind of inevitable to gain free(!) new visitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom