Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Associated Cities GeoDomain Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
re: Anyway, it's only a week left for Geo Domain Auction but it's been too quite. Wonder what is happening..

It looks like Moniker doesn't really care about this particular GEO auction. There is a lot
less advertising for the names that going to be auctioned, and also they were very late
to come up with the list in the first place. I might be mistaken, but I think most of the
names won't be sold.

+ unrelated

AssociatedCities.com accepts only .com owners to their network. Personally I think
it is a mistake - we all know that only few people own .com city names in USA with
Boulevards having most of them (http://www.boulevards.com/ ). I asked Patrick from the organization about the price the company charges to become a member of this network, and he mentioned that the price is $250 a year. I have one of the small city .com domain
names that I want to develop at some point, and I am interested to join. The interesting
thing is that if you go to the site you can see on the left side there are all the cities on the network - and there are 101 of them. So, now it made me think, how the organization with the budget of $25250 a year can represent GEO domain name owners? In few days
we are going to have Moniker GEO domain name auction at Associated Cities conference. The auction itself I think goes against the main Associated Cities rule. It is
no secret they want only pure 100% city .com domain names on their network, but
a quick look at the auction name list will produce only 2-3 such names. I see a disconnect here. I think there is a need for Associated Cities to open up for other extensions, or maybe the time is right to create another organization that will represent ALL geo related websites/domains without discrimination.

Register for the auction

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike ...go .com or go home ;)

...see ya at the show!

jaugusto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. Who defends my .nets?!

I see AssociatedCities.org is free... I wonder...

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hod on to your Geo domains for now. Too much red tape trying to get a decent one to auction.

Reaction score
some late sales at the end:

total of 32 names sold
average was: 14,232
total sales in live thus far: $455,750.00

Silent auction goes until the 28th of November so there is plenty of time to make up some ground. We remain bullish!!!

thanks for all your support!

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was there really a high bid on hindi.com (IDN) ? Was it legit?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte,

back the auction up - Was the 3 million dollar offer for the IDN of hindi.com real? You avoided that question. Don't you have faith in your own auctions?

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the bids for most of the names were not real. There is nothing wrong with it. The auctioneer has the right to bid on behalf of the seller. He is kind of creating the interest
by bidding himself, and asking the room if somebody is going to bid more. Vast majority
of auction houses use the same approach. There is no need to attack Monte. Most of
the names didn't receive any bids from the buyers.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the bids for most of the names were not real. There is nothing wrong with it. The auctioneer has the right to bid on behalf of the seller. He is kind of creating the interest
by bidding himself, and asking the room if somebody is going to bid more. Vast majority
of auction houses use the same approach. There is no need to attack Monte. Most of

How does this work? I think that those rules should be banned from this type of auction. I've wanted to bid on some domain names in the past but that is absurd.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Is that known as "Chandelier Bidding" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom