Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Bad faith intent to profit" Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you reread the most important part of my earlier post:
YOUR bad faith is because you are profiting from THEIR name and brand without permission, whether it be thru a typo or not, common diction and knowledge would decide in THEIR favor quite easily that you knowingly registered or obtained the name in question to profit from their brand name and that is further evidenced by your affiliate/revenue generating link to them for PROFIT, not only is it definitely bad faith, but you are taking traffic and revenue that is rightfully theirs in the firstplace, their action could include recovery of any and all payments made to you from this domain as well as obviously the domain in question and even possibly punitive damages

Thank you two for following me around (we all know who you are, as previously noted by GD) it now makes me feel very good actually and I am glad you both can devote so much time to me, but for your own mental health and the way others view you, I hope in time you will stop doing so and we can all focus on business and you will get along like everyone else here does on DNF..you obviously both know very little about "law" and your advice if any as minors should not even be allowed to be entered into the legal forum, in fact until either of you are 18, you cannot even really enter into a legally binding contract in the USA...so enough about LAW....other than that as I said above and previously, using the domain and profiting from it is definitely wrong...but how many of us all own typos? Don't throw that first stone unless....you know the rest (read the bible)...and any advice I gave about any redirection of names IS NOT ILLEGAL and was to help minimize another DNF members legal risks if he chose to do so and also advised that that would be unethical...we do try to help each other here right? ..or is that just me? Peace, Love and Success to everyone! :eek:k:

Chris

Ps- Jberryhill - as always you are the wise owl with ALOT of great advice and a very open and fair outlook on everything..I am honored to even post with you! :)

jberryhill said:
If you think law is more important than morality, I guess so, but I don't understand your use of the word "illegal".

Without a range of opinions, there is nothing to discuss.

Duncan said:
GD, last time I checked following someone around was not against the rules, neither stalking, nor anything else

Now, Duncan...anywhere GT posts and it has to do with me, you magically show up and chime in where you simply don't belong, and vice versa..in fact I am sure if GD were to check your PM's to each other you would most likely be inviting each other to instigate a fight with me in various threads in hopes of getting me "banned"...I would think that both of you have more respect for GiantDomains the site ADMIN and his statements and wishes here on DNforum, here in this statement above you are even admitting to what you two are doing and saying that it's not against forum rules, challenging what GiantDomains said! like GD said before.. STOP IT, I cannot simply sit back and not defend myself from the continuous rude and derogatory remarks from you two. VERY UNETHICAL of you both, and not related to this thread.

Domain Summit 2024

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
does this apply to typos of domains with No trademark issues ?!!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well if it's a typo of any site and their domain or site name is their "intellectual property" and you own the typo(s) that derive traffic from their marketing efforts or brand/marketing efforts, then YES, it can get taken and you can be liable for perceived "losses" incurred by your ownership of the said domain(s)....not sure where a typo wouldnt have a TM issue, unless it's something like a typo of the just some plain word that has a PPC parking page or something....i.e. I have Cowritten.com and it gets all kinds of traffic and you own Cowrittne.com....theres nothing I can really do about it! Whether that domain is worth anything or will make you any money is another story! Hope this helps..jberryhill..feel free to help out here if I missed anything!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does this apply to typos of domains with No trademark issues ?!!

http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2001/d2001-0764.html
We accept that a consumer who is either correctly or wrongly spelling the word "mattress" is most likely and obviously looking for a mattress and that the Respondent should not be unfairly hindered from running a web site directed to the sale of mattresses or the supply of information relating thereto. That is under, the Domain Name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom