Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best monitor for the eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a 19" monitor that's burning the #!$%^! out of my eyes. I'm gonna be blind before I'm 30 at this rate. Are there any monitors out there that are easy on the eyes? someone told me ViewSonic...but I don't know much about them..yes? no? other recommendations? thanks!

Domain Summit 2024

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
get a bigger monitor and use a 1024x* resolution... you can find 19-20" monitors this days for around $200 - $300 tops.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 2, dell fp2001 models. They run about $500 each on ebay. I highly recommend them.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks guys.

I take that back, I have a 19" not 15" lol....see my eyes hurt so bad i cant see the proper size..seems like my monitor just has bad glare or?..if i stay online for more than 3 hours i have to start squinting.

thank you alldig, I'll look at the dell you recommended.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dells are nice. they're samsung monitors. i've been using dual samsungs for about 2 years. at home though i have this big 21 inch CRT. after about 30 minutes of looking at it my eyes feel like they're gonna pop. the LCDs are great though. 20+ hours and the only side effect is fuzzy vision. hehe.

good luck.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luc. I figured LCD's were better on the eyes, just didn't know which model to get. Looks like I'll check out dell.com and/or go to Best Buy for samsungs.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely say LCD for easy on the eyes. I've had an LCD for a year now, and whenever I have to use a CRT my eyes start watering and twitching, I guess I got used to LCD. Also LCD screens don't burn an image into the screen if you leave them on without a screensaver.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How are you adjusting your monitor? It doesn't really matter which brand you are using if you don't finetune it FOR YOUR EYES. I have been sitting in front of a monitor for a prolonged timespan (very often more than 12 hours a day) on a daily basis for the past 7 years, but it actually hurts somewhat less than I would expect.

By the way, Sony Trinitron is best among traditional CRT monitors, although I have not used one since more than 4 years ago when I switched to those flat panel LCD.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mulder said:
they say to take a break every 15 minutes while on the computer and stare at something at least 20ft away for a little bit

All that break time is less time that could have been spent working to find the next BIG name though! :dead:

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get a 20 inch LCD. The ones at Dell run around $350 when you use a coupon. Check out slickdeals.net for them.

Dynamic1

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If its a CRT try turning up the refresh rate to at least 75HZ that will help. I also reccomend the Dell monitors. They are either Hitachi or Samsung screens. If I get a hitachi I return it right away the samsung screens are much better. You can use everest to find out the screen Manufacturer. I use 2 2005fp 20 inch widescreens. They usually do not hurt my eyes but when i do the 18HR days I cannot focus anymore :>)

Bern

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvestors .. if your eyes are burning, I gotta tell ya .. after one 28-hour day at monitor, I thought I had an eyelash in my eye but it turned out my eyes had gotten so dry, the outer protective layer of the cornea on left eye, which was also next to a lamp, actually got dislodged! Eye doctor put in a medicated contact and it healed, after many weeks of having to use such thick eye medication I was almost blind and couldn't even See the PC with that eye.

Reason I'm writing is to warn you guys who put in long hours to keep a bottle of "Refresh Tears for Mild to Moderate Dry Eye" on your desk .. before you have to use the "Moderate to Severe" ... or even thicker drops by doctor's orders! Burning eyes could mean Dry Eyes and I never thought of Dry Eyes as being dangerous...just annoying.

Bern

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom