Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

".brands" approach with Internet name shake-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brand owners will soon be able to operate their own parts of the Web -- such as .apple, .coke or .marlboro -- if the biggest shake-up yet in how Internet domains are awarded is approved.

More...

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is facedesk worthy.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-I think this is dangerous for some brand owners. It would not benefit all brands and would actually lead to brand dilution. The only massive potential I see if that cloud proliferates such as Amazon and Google using this to create a cloud network based on brand loyalty. Just a thought.

tiki

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$185K seems like fraud, but then again ICANN is a fraud. If I wanted to dot 'brands' myself and company, I would in return sue them for cybersquatting. Quite amazing since no one actually owns the internet, someone let them get too much power, the internet is fine the way it is, why change now. All these additional extensions hurt everyone, nonetheless making things extremely confusing to the random internet user clicking a link or searching for something.

Lol @ CEO Melbourne IT $185,000 to redirect, really??? Great marketing strategy there

"We're advising people to buy their brands, park them and redirect visitors to their existing site, at the very least," says Hnarakis

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators