Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Budapest (dot) net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Budapest is one of the largest capitals in the region, I think you are confusing it with Bratislava (which is also a nice city, but tiny, and population of just over 400k - Budapest has nearly 2 million..). 1.83 million avg. Google searches per month, high paying keywords (hotels in budapest $4,24), very well spent money if you ask me.

"In 2008, Budapest had 1,702,297 inhabitants[4] with an official agglomeration of 2,451,418,[5] down from a mid-1980s peak of 2.1 million."

quote from Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest

Pinturicchio

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One MUST be the owner to ask for an appraisal, right? This one just went on Namejet

I am the owner, I won Namejet auction on Sunday 30th November. Don't know what's the problem?

Stokholm.net, Madrid.net, Rome.net, Lisbon.net, Vienna.net, Athenes.net - all those name that I've seen for sale within the last year or fiew, and all had changed hands... check the average price for those names I've outlined, take 60-70% from it and you get the current reseller valu. Good luck!

Thank you.

tranztek

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know the feeling - I'm trying to sell off my Capital.net domains also..

ANTANANARIVO.NET
AVARUA.NET
BANJUL.NET
BASSE-TERRE.NET
BELMOPAN.NET
CIUDADDEPANAMA.NET
COCKBURNTOWN.NET
DODOMA.NET
ELAAIUN.NET
FORT-DE-FRANCE.NET
GABORONE.NET
GARAPAN.NET
GODTHAB.NET
LAAYOUNE.NET
MALABO.NET
MAMOUDZOU.NET
MATA-UTU.NET
NIAMEY.NET
ORANJESTAD.NET
PAGOPAGO.NET
PORT-AU-PRINCE.NET
PORTMORESBY.NET
ROADTOWN.NET
ROSEAU.NET
SAINTHELIER.NET
SAINTPETERPORT.NET
SKOPJE.NET
TIRANE.NET
TORSHAVN.NET
VADUZ.NET
YAMOUSSOUKRO.NET

Last edited:

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know the feeling - I'm trying to sell off my Capital.net domains also..

ANTANANARIVO.NET
AVARUA.NET
BANJUL.NET
BASSE-TERRE.NET
BELMOPAN.NET
CIUDADDEPANAMA.NET
COCKBURNTOWN.NET
DODOMA.NET
ELAAIUN.NET
FORT-DE-FRANCE.NET
GABORONE.NET
GARAPAN.NET
GODTHAB.NET
LAAYOUNE.NET
MALABO.NET
MAMOUDZOU.NET
MATA-UTU.NET
NIAMEY.NET
ORANJESTAD.NET
PAGOPAGO.NET
PORT-AU-PRINCE.NET
PORTMORESBY.NET
ROADTOWN.NET
ROSEAU.NET
SAINTHELIER.NET
SAINTPETERPORT.NET
SKOPJE.NET
TIRANE.NET
TORSHAVN.NET
VADUZ.NET
YAMOUSSOUKRO.NET

These capital Domains don't quite seem to be in the same league as Budapest.

This domain is a great one for far too many reasons to mention here.
Stand alone value without development is easily $15,000 to $18,000.
Developed/end user potential sale price could go through the roof depending on the income it is generating. Could without a doubt attract buyers in the $30,000 to $50,000 once fully set up and monetized.

Congrats on landing this gem of a geo.

tranztek

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The recent Forbes (TopTen) article should disclaim any worries that this is not a world class city

http://www.forbes.com/realestate/2008/10/23/cities-world-ten-forbeslife-cx_mw_1023cities_slide.html

I've seen a major (huge) city.net sell for 100K about 5 yrs ago. There were rumors that NewYork.net sold high..

Major City owners like Boulevards have a couple .net's in their directory (e.g. London.net)

Another potential buyer might be WN.com

Otherwise, the "reported" sales are out there..

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am the owner, I won Namejet auction on Sunday 30th November. Don't know what's the problem?
There is no problem. Member is not keeping up with the difference of "This one just went on Namejet" and "This one just closed on Namejet".

Another potential buyer might be WN.com
Any on the list you are trying to sell on the forbes top 10?

Not sure they would even be in the top 100 or 500.

Perhaps you should try to contact and sell them to WN.com.

See if you get one response let alone three.

Seriously, if I tell you once I am not interested, do I have to rephrase it in three different manners or use three different languages?

Annoying the piss out of someone is no way to entice them into putting an offer on something let alone buy it.

Invading a thread like this to "pump and dump" your own names and even attempt to put your names in the same class as Budapest is laughable. And attempting to sway members into seeing that this is not on Forbes list of the top 10 cities is, well...what's your point?

I look at your list and see a doubtful reg fee on some of them.

That is the difference - if people are not even sure where a capital in your list is located and in what country, doubtful it is going to get much attention. I am sure that PortAuPrince Haiti is on every one's "must see" list.

Last edited:

tranztek

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I shared my own experiences with City.net's (including substantive information), and the thread asked for people's opinions on this subject - the post was completely legitimate (with information not provided before).. I never said that mine were as valuable as Budapest, so what's the point?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I shared my own experiences with City.net's (including substantive information), and the thread asked for people's opinions on this subject - the post was completely legitimate (with information not provided before).. I never said that mine were as valuable as Budapest, so what's the point?
The point is you seemed to have tried to derail the thread with you own sale, went on the defensive when another member also mentioned that the quality (if there were some) of the names you posted was no comparison, and bugged the hell out of me with three PM's trying to sell me your names (how many other members did you also contact?).

You made absolutely no point in saying, "I know the feeling - I'm trying to sell off my Capital.net domains also.". Connecting that thread with what you had to say regarding the Forbes article made no point.

The point of this thread is the domain Budapest.net, not a bunch of domains you are trying to pan off as having some value. I would really to know how many more members received one and perhaps more than one simply because they were posting in a thread that you found primo for PM's. Actually, I don't care how many you contacted or how many times beyond your annoyance of PMing me three times.

And you obviously don't know how to take "Thanks for the offer but I will pass." followed by "I have no interest in any of them." and finally, "Is there another way I need to tell you that I am not interested in them at all?".

I do not mind an unsolicited PM occasionally from a member but when I get 3 out of 4 from the same person that is too dense to get a hint and get over the fact that I have NO INTEREST in your name, then enough is enough.

Not to mention logging on this morning, looking a new posts and here you are pulling the same stunt on this member's thread.

If you want to start a sales thread, start a sales thread. Otherwise, piss off. And that clear enough?

That is my point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators