Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Cheapest Place to Register .com Domains??

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reputability of the registrar is important. ENOM is, frankly, too expensive though and I see no reason to go through a dealer to get there. Their control panel isn't as good as Go Daddy's n and your domain is just as safe at either registrar. Some registrars that are competent (or better), in my exprerience, are Go Daddy, Dotster, Name Cheap, Name Scout, ENOM, Registration Technologies, 4Domains, and Book My Name. I believe that DynaDot and Moniker are fine too. Many ohers are likely fine as well. Due to Go Daddy's price changes, I am going to be moving a lot of names (.BIZ, .NET, and .INFO especially) to Moniker as their prices are MUCH better than Go Daddy for some extensions (see the registrar review section here on DNF).

I would avoid like the plague Directi (and is many siblings), Dot Registrar, Register.com, 1+1, Network Solutions (probably), and whatever Register Fly (definitely!) is up to these days. With Directi, if you change your email address, you can pretty well kiss your domains goodbye. Their log in depends on your email and they have a very convoluted and separate support system. Dot Registrar has very inaccurate ownership data. I lost many names as they simply were not listed on my account page. Other names, long gone, stayed listed forever. I still have two .US names there that I cannot move out for technical problems of some sort. Register.com and NetSol are just big, fat, lazy, and expensive registrars that have lots of problems. NetSol may be better these days but they are still expensive. I once had two domains with 1+1. I never got a renewal notice and did unintentionally let them expire. For not renewing these names, I got collection agency letters for a year. They wanted their $13.98 badly! RegisterFly is absolutely legendary and in it's own unique category. If you use them, don't bother to come back here to carp about loosing your domains or money. You may well loose both!

My recommendations, as of now, are Go Daddy, Moniker (more to come), Dotster, Name Cheap (could use being cheaper), and 4Domains on both price and quality. Others that I mention as competent are simply too expensive (including ENOM) and they are no better.

DN48

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
please post here about this pb

a2zdomain.net

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think many people at some time, somewhere be dissatisfy with some registrars, but for someone to go to the extreme of bad-mouthing GD, I think it is wise to maintain a distance then...anyway, there are still many other reputable registrars, such as enom, resellerclub.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few dozen complains about GoCrappy? Give me a break. A few dozen from each person who has problems with them is more realistic.

If you want form replies, unanswered questions, clueless support and slow responses go with GoCrappy and be prepared for what happens when you have a problem with a domain. When you end up with an issue don't come crying because you were already warned.

Sure they may be fine for most people that are clueless and have no idea what can happen to a domain name. For people that make money from their domains they just don't, and can't, cut it.

Otherwise go sign up with Moniker, tell em you're from DNF, get an account rep and excellent pricing and be with the most secure registrar there is.

Datalife

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone is always looking for a "cheaper place" to register a domain.

Well, if you want cheap, I heard that Name.com gives .com for under $6.00.

As for the service, I can't comment on it...cos I haven't use them. I'd rather go for a slightly more expensive registrar so long as they have someone at support all the time *Important*.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I say that you cannot beat Fabulous.com BOTH from the prices (I think $6.85 for .com) and from the fact that they have a very good control panel with many useful options and are very secure with regard to transferring domains etc .
For .co.uk I would go for www.domaincity.co.uk as they are the best and very technically proficient, good to deal with etc.

DG

Last edited:

boojem

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FYI http://us.domaincentral.com is selling .com domain registrations/transfers @ US$5/year. I used their bulk registration tool to register some domains already, & so far no problems. They have 24/7 Live chat support too..., but haven't needed to use it yet though.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My advice is Moniker if you want to have lots of domains there (to get the best pricing) or a Godaddy super reseller that decided to offer the $6.95 pricing like mine Webmaster7.com
Even so I think I'll raise prices because I've seen some negative balance when people register them for 10 years and so.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still amaze with some people asking for cheapest registrar while you have the opportunity to make money 10 fold. When you buy cheap, you expect the worst service and results as well. Don't come here and complain later on.

Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators