Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Cheapest place to register domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy?

I thought Yahoo had $1.99 special at one point

Anybody know where to register for under $5.00?

freebizdocs

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump up this thread, but I'm also interested in this...

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually, I found Yahoo will let you register 1 .com domain name per user id for 1 year registration at $1.99

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sometimes or most times...the cheapest place to reg a name, may not be the best place to do so

why?

you have to look at the services/support/security they offer, including transfer/pushing policies and the ease at which they can be conducted.

if you plan on reselling domains to other members, aftermarket venues, auctions and such, you want a "no-haggle" registrar who the majority of your potential customers are familiar with using.

imo...

Megabet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...the cheapest I have found is 1and1.com. The user interface is really easy too. I can forward my domain to be parked with ease..Hope this helps

room109

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
from 1and1.com site I saw:
"Discount reflects a 50% discount for the first 3 months of a 12 month registration period."
"50% OFF for the first 3 months."
Sounds to me like after 3 months.. whoop, double price.

Anyway, I still prefer warp3.com, free url and email forwards/redirects.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say that cheapest and best place for me would be Moniker cheapest in a sense that they have good service and support although its not fast

Robert D.

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
before registering any new domain, I check the prices on the ofindo.com platform, I saved already a lot of money!! :yes:

DomainersNet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ofindo.com is okay but does not necessarily find you the cheapest and excludes a lot of registrars !!

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...the cheapest I have found is 1and1.com. The user interface is really easy too. I can forward my domain to be parked with ease..Hope this helps

Absolutely don't use 1and1. The support team told me that moving from one contract (folder) to another within the same user ID would not charge for an extra one year; but when I organized my domains into folders based on the categories of my names, I got charged THOUSANDS of dollars and couldn't get it back. Now I have spent another THOUSANDS to move all my domains away from 1and1. Worst customer service ever you can find in a registrar.

Try GoDaddy, eNom or Moniker.

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Name.com - $5.99 for com,net,org

That's quite a good deal :)

Robert D.

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
I just wanted to add one comment regarding the ofindo.com platform. I recently read on of their press releases, and as it seems these guys have just launched their site 2 months ago, which could explain that for the moment you can't find yet the "big" registrars! (I counted more or less 100 registrars on their site) But that's exactly the reason why I use ofindo, because I don't want to have all my domains with the same registrars, and this platform allows me to discover new providers and to compare their offers. I transfered already some of my domains to 3 different registrars I found on ofindo and got very good service and even better prices!!!! I think that the ofindo platform will be very interesting to watch in the future as they anounced that they will add other services to the existing ones...

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Name.com - $5.99 for com,net,org

That's quite a good deal :)

Thanks for the tip, chording
I have written to them asking the usual questions and they responded quite quickly
There appears to be no hidden catches with this deal
Reg or transfer for $6 is very very good
Renew is $8 though

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, chording
I have written to them asking the usual questions and they responded quite quickly
There appears to be no hidden catches with this deal
Reg or transfer for $6 is very very good
Renew is $8 though

There's always a catch. I forgot some of my domains as they are scattered around different domain registrar. Now, I still with enom or godaddy and focus on development/sales. A $1 or $2 will not hurt my pocket as long as they are in order.

$8.88/year at NeedName.com Enom Technology Partner, easy to push to any enom account.

Emil

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say that cheapest and best place for me would be Moniker cheapest in a sense that they have good service and support although its not fast

What is your rate for .com at moniker? I'm getting $7.49 - not exactly cheap. Is there a better promo code? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators