Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Computer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is the term CPU still used quite as much as the term computer.

I am asking because is there a plurl for cpu, like cpus

I wouldn't use this, but if you wanted to say gateway computers, could it be gatewaycpus.com or would it just be gatewaycpu.com

Just wondering

Thanks
bryan

Domain Summit 2024

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CPUs are mostly Intel or Motorola - and doesn't work as a stand in for PC or computer IMO, but what the heck - a sufix is a sufix :)

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks

I was asking because of the dialogue going on about tablet computers

i didn't want to register tablecpus.com, cuz it looks strange and might not have any basis. However, tabletcpu.com makes alot more sense. We will see.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should research it more Bryan. Find out if the CPU's in the new machines will be user replaceable, etc. Still, I would think parts will be handled as just one of many items by general computer retailers, so I think it would have very limited possibilities.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, how I am looking at it, is this will probably be the latest technological craze for a while, or even a long time and there will be corporations, firms, ect.. looking to get domains that deal with the tablet pc's. If tablet computer can be a hot term, and cpu stands for the short version of computer, then i am sure there are some peeps out there in this world that would be interested in a short tablet domain like the one i registered. It may not get the search terms like tablet computer does, but I am going to give it time and see the options it may get. You might be right, it might not get even a $20 offer, but then again, to the right person, it could get a $1000 offer.

This is just my opinion on the situation. i am in no means an expert in the field of technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom