Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Could this be considered cybersquatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnfuser1234567

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a few LLL names and have seen some cases where people lost the names due to displaying ads for products of a company whose abbreviation consisted of the letters in the LLL. The names were parked and as a result I do not want to park and run ads on my LLL names. Instead, I want to just state they are for sale, but now I question whether that will be considered cybersquatting.

Thoughts?

Let’s use different examples of there is a company name that is LLL with TM. There is a company who’s abbreviation makes up the LLL, and so on.

If I am displaying no ads at all and the site is just my investment in the name, could it be considered cybersquatting?

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

In other words, I want to put up static pages for these names and state they are for sale on the page. No ads. Will I still have to worry about a company coming along and saying that I am cybersquatting, just because I invested in a name?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do this aswell.. most of my acronym names go to my for sale lander page without any ads. for example ze dot net.
those names don't make a ton of money in parking anyway so it would be an unnecessary risk to park them IMO.
Great suggestion! When it doubt, play it safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom