Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dan selling DNFORUM? for 5k Plus???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Tell me it isn't true Dan?!?!?

Rumours are that Dan is selling DNFORUM for 5K plus (in his own words as of 9/8/02).

This was in an email exchange with that crazy trickster "joe" on the public board.

(I won't post the contents of the email here ...... not my business).

Is our faithful leader deserting us SO soon?!?:sad:

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is a great site, i enjoy the discussions, but why would anyone purchase this website for more than $5,000? I can't see anyone making a profit from it in terms of advertising.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen forums bought before and incorporated into other sites. It's pretty much buying a group of users who you hope will become customers and/or generate traffic for the combined site.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. You can generate lots of bandwidth sucking traffic, but the trick is to monetize it. VB makes it a little tuff as well.

But .... evidently the sale is "pending" or so one can infer from the email exchange ....

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5 K ... to cheap .. Dan ..

Add another Zero in there !

:evil:

:D

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR
5 K ... to cheap .. Dan ..

Add another Zero in there !

:evil:

:D

Wanda (the dnforum.net owner) couldn't afford more than 5K Americar, so 5K it must be ...

EDIT: Joking of course! Imagine how many members would be summarily booted out if she took over.

EDIT2: Dan curiously quiet on this issue.

Hmm,.........;)

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And here i was trying to form a venture capital group ..

We could have bought this place as a starter by the look of it.

Darn ..

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I do not think Dan would be that stupid - 5k? LOL!

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster
I do not think Dan would be that stupid - 5k? LOL!

Don't be cruel now?!? Evidently, that's the rumour :confused:

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stupid? No way... that's a good price for this site.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This forum is worth more then $5,000. But as said it's just a rumor, so no need to discuss this any further.

CrucialDom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox
Yes, I agree. You can generate lots of bandwidth sucking traffic, but the trick is to monetize it. VB makes it a little tuff as well.

What do you mean by saying that VB makes it a little tuff?

CrucialDom

Originally posted by Onyx
This forum is worth more then $5,000. But as said it's just a rumor, so no need to discuss this any further.

Well...I'd call it more than just a "rumor"...Dan himself seems to have written this in an email which was publicly posted on chatboard.

If this does turn out to be true...more power to him. We're here to make money.

However, the biggest value in this board is the mods...mattyp, safe and snoopy. Their calm, patient, deliberate. and, above all, professional moderation of these forums have, by expertly balancing freedom of speech with the needs of civil exchange, created a communications environment that is trusted, dynamic and highly productive.

Paying these exceptionally mature, level-headed guys for what they've done here over the past half-year would have cost many thousands of dollars.

To be honest with you, if this forum is sold, I'd root for these three domain professionals to form a site together. It is my sense that all three of them see their contributions here as mutually beneficial...they would be talking about this sort of stuff anyway, and they all seem to genuinely want to contribute to the domain community.

Miles

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Namethink

Well...I'd call it more than just a "rumor"...Dan himself seems to have written this in an email which was publicly posted on chatboard.

If this does turn out to be true...more power to him. We're here to make money.

However, the biggest value in this board is the mods...mattyp, safe and snoopy. Their calm, patient, deliberate. and, above all, professional moderation of these forums have, by expertly balancing freedom of speech with the needs of civil exchange, created a communications environment that is trusted, dynamic and highly productive.

Paying these exceptionally mature, level-headed guys for what they've done here over the past half-year would have cost many thousands of dollars.

To be honest with you, if this forum is sold, I'd root for these three domain professionals to form a site together. It is my sense that all three of them see their contributions here as mutually beneficial...they would be talking about this sort of stuff anyway, and they all seem to genuinely want to contribute to the domain community.

Miles

Word up!! I have to second that too!! The mods here are doing a great job. I'm pretty sure that without their professional approach in maintaining the forum, as well as sharing their knowledge they have in the domain business, we would not have been able to build the community we have established here today. Their presence is felt by everyone :)

If Dan sells the site, it is quite understandable. Money is always good, and everything has a price as they say. In my opinion Dan will have struck a great deal if he sells it for the mentioned price. Dan should also have full credit for bringing this site and community together in the first place. We all owe him a big thank you.

Thank you Dan!! :)

M

MattyP

Miles.

Though I have never met you and in all honesty am not sure if we have ever communicated to one and other your above post giving the mods the thumbs up was most welcome.

As unpaid mods snoopy,safesys and I have tried our best to help Dan make this site into what it is today.

When someone posts the kind words you did it certainly makes it feel all worthwhile.

Thank you.

Matt

B

blob2

5k!!!

There are only 1,211 registered users on this board so thats nearly $5 per user.

This forum would only be worth a few k, not 5. But if people are willing to pay that amount, go for it Dan.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MattyP
Miles.

Though I have never met you and in all honesty am not sure if we have ever communicated to one and other your above post giving the mods the thumbs up was most welcome.

As unpaid mods snoopy,safesys and I have tried our best to help Dan make this site into what it is today.

When someone posts the kind words you did it certainly makes it feel all worthwhile.

Thank you.

Matt
Agree totally, mods been nothing but helpful - in the chat and now (though wish I could join the chat thx to the firewall :mad: )

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan... please grace us 'founders' on DNForum with a definitive answer on what's going to happen? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom