Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Dark Reader

domainer78

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I may have missed it's location (or option) on the site since it's been several years since I have been here, but definitely decided to turn on the chrome extension (free) dark reader for my "older eyes" comfort while viewing here. Makes a big difference!
-Mark

Upvote 0

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
sometimes I am listening to a podcast about email marketing called "Email Einstein" > and they talk a lot about importance of content (emails) being readable and not bright for users who use dark themes.. especially reading emails late at night in bed on their phones > bright white emails make them close the email immediately.

About the DNF > the default theme will stay white. ... though, it would be definitely great to introduce dark theme.

Why white: 4-5 years ago I was doing an event and a dyslectic woman called me > she said that she really wanted to come to my event, but as she is dyslectic, she couldn't read white letters on black background (letters were jumping around). .. she did attend my event > for this she had to ask her mum to read the content for her and order the attendees pass on the website.
.. since that, all my websites are white :D :D

simple statistics: Around 1 out of 10 people have dyslexia. .. it amazes me that these days most bank cards are dark.. they most probably don't know this thing :(

DNF Admin

Administrator
DNF Staff
Reaction score
I may have missed it's location
Hi Mark,

Yes, there used to be a style switcher at the bottom of the page, but I removed it because all alternative styles also have a light color scheme. There might have been a dark theme a while ago, but it's no longer available.

Thanks for pointing this out. We might add a dark theme someday and bring back the style switcher.

Cheers,
Felix

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Yes, there used to be a style switcher at the bottom of the page, but I removed it because all alternative styles also have a light color scheme. There might have been a dark theme a while ago, but it's no longer available.

Thanks for pointing this out. We might add a dark theme someday and bring back the style switcher.

Cheers,
Felix

Thank you for quality comment and explanation, and for looking after all us :) Best!!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom