Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise discountbathtowels.com Estibot Value $6,200

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi All,

discountbathtowels.com Estibot Value $6,200, would this be correct?

I was looking at building a new website based around this but was supprised at this value.

Thanks for any feedback.

Michael

Reaction score
Undeveloped it has little to no value in my opinion. It has never been developed so will have no human traffic, is a search term that virtually nobody uses, and is very niche for a product that would be part of a bigger grouping. Also as google doesn't pay any attention to the keywords in a domain itself it has no inherent search engine bonus value.

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll try something, someone paid over $6k in the past, must have some value.

Appreciate your feedback.

Michael

Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll try something, someone paid over $6k in the past, must have some value.

Appreciate your feedback.

Michael
Who paid $6k for this domain?

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
In the past someone actually paid over $6k for this domain name, which got me super interested.

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
I got this from the Estibot website, under General Information for this domain, someone paid $6K back in 2012, checkout the snapshot below. Based on this do you feel the value is at least $1K?

1695767858823.png

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
Just checking, the more I look the more it feels this domain should be worth at least $1,000, I would love any other thoughts please.

Michael

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
Actually just found this on the GoDaddy website, it also states this domain name was sold in the past for 6K.

1695773364494.png

Reaction score
Well there doesn't appear to be a public record. However if this domain sold for that it was supposedly 11 years ago and someone massively overpaid for it, because from then nothing was done and it had a parked page on it. Eventually it expired and you picked it up a few months ago, I assume for registration fee? Does this really sound like the activity of a 'valuable' $6k domain? If nobody wanted it for a few dollars, it was never used to make money, and it didn't get sold from person to person, I can't see how you can ascribe a value of at least $1000. However as biggie said you could put up a site for amazon affiliate bath towels or something similar - how much human traffic does it get? Alternatively you can try putting it in the 'make offers' section here. If it is worth $6k you should very quickly be inundated with some offers.

Last edited:

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks, I paid much more than that, I was hoping to get at least $1,000, thanks for your thoughts.

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
The domain age, also I used Saw.com which values this domain at $9k, my intention was to build out an affiliate type site and run it for a year.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom