Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Complete DNForum Account Cleanup - Ensuring a High-Quality Community

Good evening all,

We're working on continuing to make DNForum a leading dn investing forum and a valuable and clean community for all our members. As part of this, I recently removed approximately 70,000 inactive and spam accounts.

Moving Forward:

* Account Quality: We're placing greater emphasis on account quality to foster a more engaged and professional community.
* Focus on Active Participation: Accounts with no posts or comments after 10+ years will be reviewed for potential removal.
* Updated DNForum Rules: Clearer guidelines on account usage will be incorporated into our Community Rules, currently under revision based on member feedback.

What You Can Do:
* Review Your Account: Ensure your account information is accurate and reflects your interest in DNForum.
* Stay Engaged: Participate in discussions and share your valuable insights on the forum. Even 1 short comment will much improve the quality of your account.

Important Note: Account removals will always be done in accordance with the updated DNForum Rules. Huge TX to all those DNF members who remind us that the Rules need to be updated - this is coming.

Please make sure your account looks good: a profile image, no burner emails etc. Tx.

Best wishes,
Helmuts

Domain Summit 2024

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score

Thank you!! Btw, our Linkedin "The Domainers Network" group managers were asking about you > shall they remove you :D .. I asked to leave you - you are posting a relevant content. Tx. .. though, it would help if you uploaded the profile picture there :)

Have a great evening! H

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
That account is shared and used by the marketing team

:) that is very cool :) Still, you can put up NameGulf's logo ;) Anyways, we are all grown people and can do as we wish.

On our side > a forum profile at DNF with a logo/photo will be tripple-checked before the removal.

Have a great day! H

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Accounts with no posts or comments after 10+ years will be reviewed for potential removal.
Hi

i think you should send out an email to those users, before implementing that.
some folks be viewing, while remaining silent.

imo...

MonetizeInfo

Monetize.Info Owner
Reaction score
I am happy you are going this path and removing the dust. As @Biggie suggested, I think that warning users before removing is good (to those that still have active emails)

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hi

i think you should send out an email to those users, before implementing that.
some folks be viewing, while remaining silent.

imo...

1000%, and at the same time this is one of the main issues > 20%+ dead emails will create huge email bounce-rate and it can kill our smtp servers. .. and, no decent 3rd party smtp service will allow sending out emails with high bounce-rate.

we are getting there. .. very close.

As a small business owner, this is one of the things I learnt a while ago > it is better to make a risk to make a bad decission than not to decide at all. Quite simple. .. there will be always unhappy people, but things that need to be done > have to be done. .. and without long waiting.

We ned to sort out the dead accounts.

giphy.gif

niceguy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great idea! And the email this morning caused me to re-look at things.

Always good at some point to ask people to re-up - will do this with my own stuff also.

Long time no “talk” here. Back.

Peace.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Great idea! And the email this morning caused me to re-look at things.

Always good at some point to ask people to re-up - will do this with my own stuff also.

Long time no “talk” here. Back.

Peace.

Welcome back Mr Nice :)

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Good idea on how to bring back old users. At worst they'll come back just to ensure their account doesn't get deleted.

Thank you. This is a very pleasant surprise :) .. wasn't really a plan :)

wuhhh... an account since 2003!! you probably have a super .com impressive portfolio!! do you?

neopolus

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got the same email and I think it was a good idea to wake a bunch of "old users" up, it triggered me to check what is moving recently with the industry..

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I got the same email and I think it was a good idea to wake a bunch of "old users" up, it triggered me to check what is moving recently with the industry..

:) Good morning, then :)

Wow, lots of changes around here.

Yes, Anatoli, we have been updating the backend, migrated servers, are cleaning the userbase, introduced 2 simple rules: be friendly and do business (you are allowed to promote your domain business), and users are returning to DNForum - a friendly domainer chat and dn buy/sell zone.

Is there something we have missed? .. the work is still in progress

Genius

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not all spam accounts. Used to track domain name sales and prices.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Not all spam accounts. Used to track domain name sales and prices.

Awesome! And, a very impressive dnf nick! Thank you for your reply.

Have a great Friday!

btw, quick question: as you did use DNForum for your professional needs > have we lost some functionality you would love seeing to return?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom