Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DNJournal Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was searching for the Most Valuble Member thread, and ended up spending half the day reading this? lol

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone needs a new pussy (read very early posts before jumping to conclusions about what that means in context) and this thread needs closing.

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jon ... its not that I don't understand your frustration ... it's that in this case you brought it upon yourself. No one would have known word one about this until you started this thread. You started this thread to bring into question Ron Jackson's and DNjournals integrity and honesty when they wouldn't publish your letter. The letter in which you take your personal issues with Rick & John public and call members of Rick's board cult members ( a cult you were happy to be part of until your commentary made you unwelcome there. Hmmm ... )

You made your editorial letter public and apparently wanted responses to it having done so. First, Ron is under no obligation to include ANYONE'S letters on his site. Secondly, you were/are defaming people without any substantial proof ... why would he want to be part to that? Why would anyone if they hadn't experienced it or had it proven to them?
How many times do I have to point out that I never criticized Ron Jackson for not printing my letter? Yes, it would have been nice if he had put something on the page to let people know he wouldn't be printing any more letters - or notified people who sent in letters that the page was being replaced - but he was never under any obligation to publish my letter and I never said that he was. I find it incredible that I have said that several times in this thread and in looking for something to criticize me for you still insist on putting those words in my keyboard.

I have not defamed anyone in this thread, in the sense of "uttering or publishing maliciously or falsely anything injurious" (Dictionary.com). On the contrary I have been defamed by Schwartz's lie about my harrassing people, but you have no interest in criticizing him for that or in asking him to provide proof of his accusation. That shows how objective you are.

As to the death threats ... as I said its not that I am unsympathetic ... its that you are making totally unfounded accusations by implying/guessing Rick was behind it ( publically ) in private you are welcome to do as you like. I don't know if you actually were called or are creatively embellishing something else to garner sympathy.
A guess or suspicion is not the same as an implication or accusation and I went out of my way, in response to a posting of yours, to categorically state that I do not know that Schwartz was involved. I still suspect that he may have been, and again that is not libel and I have a perfect right, if not an obligation, to say so.

Similarly, it could be said that I have obligation to report my experience with public figure Schwartz, including his great domain advice (whatever his motivation was) which almost cost me a fortune. That's what boards like DNForum are for, as opposed to making snide comments in biased defense of one's social support group.

In any case ... I've not seen anything that would lead me to think the parties you named would have been involved.
I said I suspected Schwartz - I didn't name anyone else. If you don't think I have good reason to you have a perfect right to say so, but after all you've written here I don't think you would even if I had video of him in my backyard prowling around with a gun.

I see someone ( you ) who is upset and holding personal grievensenses with these people.
I've already acknowledged that. That doesn't mean what I have to say isn't true or doesn't have value for the domain community.

If you had just left this thread die all this would have just faded away.
I don't like being criticized for no good reason and losing the time it takes me to respond but I am getting some satisfaction in feeling that I'm performing a service here, opening some people's eyes to things they may not have been aware of.

In a way I feel like I'm being criticized by a bunch of kids who don't like hearing me say there is no Santa Claus. I'm sorry they don't like to hear it, but to the best of my admittedly limited knowledge it is the truth.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jon, I don't know you, but you seem to be a very intelligent person. I'm just wondering why you wish to pursue this long and drawn-out thread. I really don't think there's anything for you to add -- you've repeated yourself so many times, it's starting to become farcical. Why don't you 'rest your case' and ask Adam if he'd have any objection to closing or even deleting the entire thread? I would suggest that that would serve your interests best at this stage. No doubt anyone who has any vested interest in this topic has screen dumps of it.

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jon, I don't know you, but you seem to be a very intelligent person. I'm just wondering why you wish to pursue this long and drawn-out thread. I really don't think there's anything for you to add -- you've repeated yourself so many times, it's starting to become farcical. Why don't you 'rest your case' and ask Adam if he'd have any objection to closing or even deleting the entire thread? I would suggest that that would serve your interests best at this stage. No doubt anyone who has any vested interest in this topic has screen dumps of it.
The level of Orwellian truthlessness here is mind boggling. What's farcical is how many times people have criticized me for saying things that I haven't said, and the sensitivity of people like yourself who make what they think are funny comments that relate to events like death threats and the death of family members (yes, I considered my cat a family member). I said above that I was through posting on this matter unless people were not through criticizing me, so if you want this thread to stop then you stay silent. I have no interest in seeing this thread taken down because I haven't libeled anyone or displayed myself to be a crude jerk like some others have. I can see how Rick Schwartz would want this thread taken down because I doubt that Google, Yahoo, or other large companies will want their names affiliated with him when they read the words that he himself wrote above.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many times do I have to point out that I never criticized Ron Jackson for not printing my letter?

You realize. This thread has made Ron Jackson famous.
Before this thread, he was just another journalist.
:cheeky:

I look to forward to meeting this man of integrity and wisdom at Traffic tomorrow.

Everyone says that I can easily spot him. He is "head and shoulder" above
everyone else in the room.

Dnjon, I assume you will not be at Traffic tomorrow?

(Sorry, I little bit of tongue and cheek in this posting.)

:lol:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dnjon, If this all stems from paydayloans.com, it sounds like you won the battle. You were right about paydayloans.com. You were absolutely right, indisputably, undeniably right. You were right to the degree that you should be a somewhat wealthy man. Anyone who said that domain wasn't worth $10K was, in hindsight, very foolish about the subject. Doesn't make them wrong overall, just on the one subject. You were right on the one subject but now you take the risk of being wrong overall by continuing to fight. Stop fighting, the battles over. You won initially but you can only lose from here.

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dnjon, If this all stems from paydayloans.com, it sounds like you won the battle. You were right about paydayloans.com. You were absolutely right, indisputably, undeniably right. You were right to the degree that you should be a somewhat wealthy man. Anyone who said that domain wasn't worth $10K was, in hindsight, very foolish about the subject. Doesn't make them wrong overall, just on the one subject. You were right on the one subject but now you take the risk of being wrong overall by continuing to fight. Stop fighting, the battles over. You won initially but you can only lose from here.
It doesn't all stem from what happened with paydayloans.com. After I got the domain I was so happy I got it - and grateful to Schwartz's board since I learned how to value domains there - that I didn't even mention on the board that what Schwartz had said was completely wrong. Last fall I congratulated him on his wedding and offered him a small present. It wasn't until he censored me by throwing me off his board and then insulted me in private email that I became angry with him and began to view what happened in 2002 in a different light. All in all you can't treat someone badly and expect them to remain quiet when you are lauded in public articles.

But again, I've said what I had to say and don't feel a need to say any more unless people keep raising more issues.

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am getting some satisfaction in feeling that I'm performing a service here, opening some people's eyes to things they may not have been aware of. I'm sorry they don't like to hear it, but to the best of my admittedly limited knowledge it is the truth.
I think this thread has value because I feel like we get to see inside Rick's "secret" domain forum, a place we wouldn't get to see otherwise.

Could you please tell us about that forum? Are representatives of Yahoo, and Goolge part of if? So it's Berryhill, Howard Neu, and who else?

In the portion of your post from that forum that you posted here, you openly called him "King", does that give him an ego trip when people do that? Does everyone on that forum call him "King"? Do you think he really believes he is the "Domain King" and does he refer to himself that way?

I can't stop laughing over this whole "Domain King" thing. Admitedly, I don't know Rick, but to me, he sounds like an egomaniac. If so, why do all these otherwise respectable people like Berrhill and Neu follow him? Rick, I hate to break your fantasy land bubble, but you are no "King." People don't like those who think they are superior to everyone. You've let things go to your head. You still put your pants on both legs just like the rest of us.

Jon, there is one thing that Rick is right about, you feel you have to defend your "rightness" about everything. It does get nausiating. Jon you can clearly see, that I'm not against you here and I'm clearly not supporting Rick. But Jon to be blunt, the reason you can't stand to be "wrong" is that you have so much pride that you can't let anything go.

Jon, most people will realize that they just can't convince everyone of their "rightness" and will go do something productive. This "rightness" thing is going to send you over the edge if you don't get it under control. Look what it's already done to you. It's gotten you kicked off a board that you wanted to be a part of. At the time when you were kicked off, if you had kept things in perspective, realized that being part of the board was more imporant than being "right", and apologized for your actions, you would still be on the "secret" forum that everyone here but you can see that you SO BADLY want to be a part of.

aZooZa, can I use you as an example of how to do it right? Jon, aZooZa was in the exact same shoes as you not too long ago but he kept things in perspective. Like everyone has from time to time on every forum, he had a small disagrement with the Admins, and was temporarily banned. But aZooZa was smart, he kept things in persepective, realized that he would rather be a member here than be "right" and made up with the Admins. (And we're all gald he's back by the way because aZooZa rocks! :))

See, at the end of the day This forum is like Adam's house and if you're going to be here, you have to live by his house rules. Rick's forum is like his house. You were one of the many invited guests there but you chose to be rude to one of his most important guests, John Berryhill, instead of playing nice. I'd kick you out of my house too if you were rude to one of my most imporant guests.

These forums aren't America, there is no "freedom of speech" here, you are a guest of the owner.

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rick's forum is like his house. You were one of the many invited guests there but you chose to be rude to one of his most important guests, John Berryhill, instead of playing nice.
You aren't qualified to comment on that because you don't know what happened.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris ;)

Yes, I have made a real spectacle of myself here on numerous occasions; but I think I know now when I'm flogging a dead horse. Adam's never been anything else but kind and fair with me. Sure, we have had disagreements, but if I want to stay here and do business, I have to behave. Like everyone else I guess. Biggest lesson is never to get personal I think.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should? There's a fable about how God left his Good Book in a taxi one day, when he got out to take a leak, and the Devil snook in and wrote two words in the book: ought and should. Who are you to say what I "should" be above?

And two posts above:

Last edited by dnjon : Today at 03:51 PM. Reason: took out "shouldn't"

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I spent 30 minutes reading this :pout:

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like with any industry there are always efforts to cut out the middleman. Especiallly when the big dog continually raises prices. We've already seen this in action with a recent event in the Los Angeles area and a Sedo event in Germany. I suspect many more invitation only events will follow.
Speaking of which, this is an interesting alternative to TRAFFIC and early registration is only $395 compared to TRAFFIC's $2000 price tag (I'm not affiliated with DomainFest in any way):
http://www.domainfest.com/2007/

Doe anyone have any inside info about it?
Are any of you considering going? From the description, it sounds like they had TRAFFIC in mind when they created it as is almost contrasting itself to TRAFFIC, like when they state, "DOMAINfest is open to all. We created this special event to answer your needs for an intimate, intelligent networking event."

Here's the info from the email I received:

DomainSponsor Presents DOMAINfest Global,
The conference for domainers. By domainers.
January 31 – February 3, 2007 – Hollywood, California
From the entertainment capital of the world, DOMAINfest Global brings together the best in the business for three days of networking and industry learning in the heart of Hollywood, at the world renowned Renaissance Hotel.
Registration is now open!
Book now and receive our special $395 early registration rate discounted from $795! Be sure to check out our rebate offer for domainers.

DOMAINfest is an open event – we’re receptive to contributions from the domain community, from speaker suggestions to session ideas and entertainment interests. Talk to us.

In the spirit of Hollywood style, we’ve arranged VIP service for all attendees, beginning with travel reservations. For accommodations, please email your dedicated travel agent at Corniche Travel: Frank Martinez, [email protected]. Please mention that you’re with the DOMAINfest group and include your desired dates of air travel and hotel stay.

If you love Hollywood history, glamour, excitement and thrills… or just having a blast in a lively city, you’ll love the entertainment options we have planned for you.
ABOUT DOMAINfest

DOMAINfest is open to all. We created this special event to answer your needs for an intimate, intelligent networking event. And running simultaneously will be the first ever DomainSponsor User Conference.

The domain industry is growing and maturing, and we’re evolving with it. So let’s break with the past and get into true mindsharing. By bringing together the industry’s best, DOMAINfest will explore the latest issues and provide a dynamic forum for group discussion and debate.

Whether you’re a veteran domainer or new to the business, the result will be an unprecedented, learning experience, co-created by organizers and attendees.

EXHIBITING AND SPONSORSHIPS

Sponsorships and exhibit space are available. Contact [email protected]. All interested industry companies are welcome without exception.
Questions? Email us at [email protected]

What do you guys think?

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I attended the one they did in LA in September and it was FANTASTIC!!! I plan on attending this one too.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I attended the one they did in LA in September and it was FANTASTIC!!! I plan on attending this one too.

Hmm , worth the price of admission to finally meet you in person after what, 6-1/2 years? :)

-bob

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This forced me to apply for US visa. I plan trip to the USA for years and the date is perfect because is Chinese new year = holliday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom