Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do You Just Drop Your Domain Name or Liquidate it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 322971123
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 322971123

Hi Everyone,

I come across a tweet where a company (SquadHelp) as per their data advising people to not to drop or liquidate the domain name on which you have received at least one offer.

There is a time when one (due to many reasons) want to drop or liquidate the domain name.

I definitely try to liquidate my every domain name which I am going to drop at https://NameLiquidate.com and within the community.

What You Do With Your Dropping Domain?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I usually don't drop because I pick names that I know will sell.

That said, we all make mistakes as we're all human.

I attempt to liquidate in lots as my time is more valuable than attempting to sell them one by one. If I can't do that, I cut losses and learn from my mistake and make up for it with higher ROI names.

Even here, I gave away an LLL.info that I picked up during the CHIP craze in hopes it would transfer over (but obviously didn't) because the $1 wasn't worth my time logging into PayPal to confirm the transaction over my obligation of logging into the register to push it.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll post names that I know I'll be dropping in the next year or two on NameLiquidate as my domains are slowly being consolidated to Epik after @robmonster corrected me on DNS speeds with an in depth analysis (saving me a bit by not using a paid DNS service).

This service looks promising as it may allow for quicker and automated liquidating.

I didn't know that this existed. Thanks for introducing it, @Furquan!

D

Deleted member 322971123

I'll post names that I know I'll be dropping in the next year or two on NameLiquidate as my domains are slowly being consolidated to Epik after @robmonster corrected me on DNS speeds with an in depth analysis (saving me a bit by not using a paid DNS service).

This service looks promising as it may allow for quicker and automated liquidating.

I didn't know that this existed. Thanks for introducing it, @Furquan!

The best part of Name Liquidate is you can list any domain from any registrar. You only need to have an auth code.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best part of Name Liquidate is you can list any domain from any registrar. You only need to have an auth code.
Now, that would've been a nice function to know about in my earlier days.

However, I'm pretty loyal with Epik now and all names are bound to stay there for a minimum of 5 years unless sold, aside from the ones I intend on dropping. I'll try and figure that system out to add those names and hopefully, they can just automatically transfer and I could recover 1 year's registration fee at a minimum to use as a renewal for another domain. :)

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I come across a tweet where a company (SquadHelp) as per their data advising people to not to drop or liquidate the domain name on which you have received at least one offer.

There is a time when one (due to many reasons) want to drop or liquidate the domain name.

I definitely try to liquidate my every domain name which I am going to drop at https://NameLiquidate.com and within the community.

What You Do With Your Dropping Domain?
You should always be dropping and be in a re-evaluation mindset with your portfolio. Some domains that made sense a few years ago, don't make sense today. Or you may be focusing on different domain names.

So yes I drop and liquidate all the time.

@robmonster and the Epik team built a great platform with NameLiquidate.com. So I send everything there now.

It makes the process seamless and easy. 👍🏽

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now, that would've been a nice function to know about in my earlier days.

However, I'm pretty loyal with Epik now and all names are bound to stay there for a minimum of 5 years unless sold, aside from the ones I intend on dropping. I'll try and figure that system out to add those names and hopefully, they can just automatically transfer and I could recover 1 year's registration fee at a minimum to use as a renewal for another domain. :)

Did you know you can set expiring domains to automatically go to NameLiquidate if registered at Epik?

You setup in the backend. Just one click. 😊

@robmonster

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

At Fabulous.com, my expiring domains automatically go to Namejet listings

i dropped two this month and got paid $82.00

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators