Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain Hijacker On The Prowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today I had 150+ of my domains hijacked out of my godaddy account, a couple of the names I have listed here for sale.

:upset:

Godaddy is working with their fraud dept., My Lawyer, The FBI, and other organizations to correct the situation and to prosecute the party involved.

They used multiple IP addresses twhen accessing my godaddy account and have also hijacked other domains recently from what I gather after talking to godaddy.

They used an email address noobcash at yahoo dot com

I searched it on google and got a hit that led to funytube dotcom - I did a whois on that domain and it is the same name that they used to steal my portfolio hosted with godaddy.

see info like name used, where they host that domain etc..
http://whois.domaintools.com/funytube.com

I have 2 possible leads to who it may be or may be involved. There is major damage done so far and more to come if not corrected tonight before the start of the business week.

I want to let everyone know that is a DNF member to be very careful when dealing with people on any forum. I have never shared my passwords or anything knowinly and think I am pretty savvy enough to keep my accounts safe. No one is safe.

Frequently change all of your passwords for your portfolio and watch for spyware, viruses, etc... Don't cross use your passwords, Like your DNF accound log-in shoudl be unique to DNF etc...

If you have a very expensive portfolio liek I do (did and better get back fast) then you should use many levels of protection. If you think you are at risk be very very careful. This is a nightmare to say the least.

I hope godaddy steps up and fixes this issue fast. I stand to loose a lot of money per day in incoming business from my sites (not all profit) but a couple days down will really piss me off.

Anyway if anyone else has had an experience with this I invite feedback and support.

The domains affected have already lost $$ and I live click to click to support my 6 kids and lifestyle.

Be on the lookout.

William :upset:

PS any domains I have listed on DNF are on pause as some of them (most) are in this web of Sh&t.

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear this,William. Hopefully you will get your domains back fast. Keep us updated.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what exactly happened? How did they get access to your Godaddy account? Please keep us all posted so we can all ensure our portfolios are safe. Best of luck.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe post a list of your domains that were stolen so we can notice them being offered for sale.

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was on the phone with Godaddy for 3 hours talking to them and they were not even concerned at least the girl helping me seemed like "Oh well" - The thing was (is) that is someone gets your account, changes the email, changes the call in pin, changes the registration info, and transfers to another account: Your old call in pin and everything mentioned will not work. So you have to prove to them your are who you are and prove you own the names. I pay by credit card and she couldnt find those because of "some reason"

The only thing that saved me as far as getting her in to the account holding my domains
was i registered 10 domains last friday using paypal on file with godaddy and got the transaction id from that purchase.

She then says email [email protected] (godaddy) with my name - account id stolen - fwd all emails I have from them (godaddy) recently, and told to include the last trans ID from paypal payment to them.

She said that another dept. will be investigating and helping me get my domains back.
I waited for 7 hours with no contact and am on phone with them on hold as I write this.

I guess they are TRYING to help me BUT I just want it fixed now. They obviously see the names were jacked. Just reverse it and serure my account is all I want.

I am going nuts. I am a 29 year old "man among men type of guy" but this is about to bring me to tears....

I will keep you posted.

I will post a list soon online on one of my sites so not to clutter the forum...

Just got off the phone with Godaddy again. And am still getting the "We are working on it" genaric answers.

Did you know godaddy (for a fee) offers EXTRA domai protection that would have prevented this? I didnt know that. Plus they charge $25.00 a year for it per domain. Seems like we should all get the same level protection at no extra cost.

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but a few days ago I got a PM through DNF asking me if I would be willing to sell my parking ID and password, but they they did not want to buy the domains themselves. I doubt that's what happened to you; sounds like this was a GoDaddy internal security issue. Just letting other people know this guy is lurking about too.

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess It is a waiting game now. WHat sucks is my web businesses stand to lose a lot of clients and money if not fixed fast. I am very worried. Soon I may be a DNF pan-handler begging for domains and DNF$ to pay my bills

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps for the added security you may want to look at Moniker.

Godaddy you are just a number to them. Plus, who is to say you are not calling in trying to scam someone else out of the names. This is why they can not just turn them back over to you without doing an investigation, but at the same time, they should not be giving the "oh well" attitude.

Regarding their $25/yr fee. Tell them to shove it and go elsewhere.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. Hope you get all domains back and the crook goes to jail. Keep us updated.

URLtrader

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i always print my receipt of my domains i purchase, this is a good method..when they ask you for information...

dont worry too much, this AHOLE will not be able to get away with this scam... you should track your chatting activity online with people you dicussed your portfolio.. oviously someone had information that you own 150+ domains... i never access my accounts from other computers.. you never know if someone has their spy software ON... investigate your tracks.. and see if you know someone that would do this... its very rare to have a stranger get your info.. this CONMAN must be a friend or someone close to you..

BuyandSwap

Public Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
removed

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, if you remember when you regged or renewed them, GoDaddy keeps all those receipts online. There is a link in your account section where you can access them all. If you give them the receipt numbers, that may speed things along. I know you're stressed, but you will get them back.

BuyandSwap

Public Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
deleted, sorry for the post ill get a mod to look into the two users called -MIR-

sorry for the intrusion.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What was the story wis member MIR ( now terminated ? )

Also sorry to hear this happened Josh, keep us posted.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just finished talking to GD support regarding this issue, they told me that their security department will get your domains back.. unfortunately by the time you get them back, it may be to late for your clients and the loss of revenue.

Hope you get it all back soon.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just finished talking to GD support regarding this issue, they told me that their security department will get your domains back..

Josh, excuse me for a moment, I am not trying to hijack your thread.

MIR, how the hell did you manage this ? You are either the theif, full of crap or married to the legal head, explain which.

Also explain why your account status is terminated ( check profile ) yet you can post .

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, your funny.. i purchased a domain from a member on namepros today and when i made the transfer request, i got a email telling me the domain was registered less than 60 days. The seller sold me a domain which he registered on October 11th. He did not know himself, until i told him that any domain regged at another registrar is not eligible for transfer. So I called GD support to get a refund, during our dicussion I also mentioned Williams issue. The support told me that they have a great security department which will work with the client and solving his problem. He also mentioned to me that any domain that is locked can not be hijacked... the only way a domain could be stolen is if the scammer had access to Williams username, pin number, and admin email.

I just wanted to make William feel a bit positive about his case, and you two intruders come in here and point fingers at me being the scammer. WOW LOL

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, your funny.. i purchased a domain from a member on namepros today and when i made the transfer request, i got a email telling me the domain was registered less than 60 days. The seller sold me a domain which he registered on October 11th. He did not know himself, until i told him that any domain regged at another registrar is not eligible for transfer. So I called GD support to get a refund, during our dicussion I also mentioned Williams issue. The support told me that they have a great security department which will work with the client and solving his problem. He also mentioned to me that any domain that is locked can not be hijacked... the only way a domain could be stolen is if the scammer had access to Williams username, pin number, and admin email.

I just wanted to make William feel a bit positive about his case, and you two intruders come in here and point fingers at me being the scammer. WOW LOL

I wonder what username you will use next :lol:

I recall you being mentioned in many shaddy dealings and getting banned elsewhere. Is this not true ? Have you ever been banned or accused of such practices elsewhere and HERE ?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Josh...hope everything works out for u man....what a freaking nightmare!!!

also..i gotta ask....29yrs old...with 6 kids??...damn man.....how u do it??..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators