Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Sales: Cold emailing End Users & other buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainVP

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you cold eMail a potential end user, do you include the asking price or do you wait until first reply to discuss prices?

What are some active strategies that you use when out are reaching out to a potential end user?

Domain Summit 2024

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if you name a price, they usually counteroffer with a much lower price. So you end up taking offers even if it's a fixed price. That's what I've seen from my experience anyway.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Think for a second. You 'cold call', which means, you picked up the phone with a mission and purpose: to sell the domain.
Your mission is incomplete without a price in mind! When you initiate a conversation and pitch your sale, do you honestly think the other party wants to start a bargain?
If you do that, you are exposing yourself to someone who might have better negotiation skills. When you ask them to make an offer, all while you initiated this, how do you respond when it's outrageously low?
Cold calling isn't always the best practice, but when you make the move first, you must have a price - or at least, a price range - in mind.

DomainVP

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you Theo, I think you are spot on with that. It's a fine balance. you don't want to scare the prospect away, and at the same time you don't want to leave money on the table.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can also tell them it is currently discounted, so NOW is the right time to buy it ;-)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you cold eMail a potential end user, do you include the asking price or do you wait until first reply to discuss prices?

What are some active strategies that you use when out are reaching out to a potential end user?

Theo gave pro advice, but on the other side of the phone....

I would be asking > why are you cold calling me?

though in general, I don't support such practices. still..

the first strategy would be: having a definitive reason for the call.

where you should have all relevant/pertinent info at hand and be prepared to respond accordingly to all questions including> offers, transfers process, payment options, etc., without delay.

also:
don't cold call me with a domain that is longer than mine,
is an extension lower than .com
or say "i called you because you own such and such domain and we/I thought you'd be interested in this one."

why would I be interested, what value does it/will it add, or how can it enhance what I already have?

and please don't quote me any goog exact match numbers!

:)

imo...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well, cold calling isn't for the weak. And I mean this. If you dial that number, you'd better be ready to sell, baby. You need a script - write it yourself or have someone else write it for you - and practice the conversation with a live person. If you start stumbling, stuttering or otherwise showing that you are peddling second rate goods rather than GOLD, you will lose the game. If you're blocked by some other person, administrative assistant, operator etc. ask when you can call back, don't relay messages through others. Be bold, be polite, be ready to sell. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom