Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domainers are Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I make ok money i just dont call everyone loosers for trying.

I don't see where he called "everyone" a loser, I think many of you are overreacting to his post and blowing it out of proportion. Read it again.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree about LB's intention. The 'Losers!!!' was aimed at those who register a name hoping to become millionaires, not at everyone on the forum. On the other hand, why shouldn't someone hope for such an outcome when registering a name? It does no one else any harm, and there is an outside chance that the name might mean so much to someone else that he (or she) is prepared to pay a million for it.

But I think that all that most people are hoping for is a healthy profit. This is not gambling, but business. If you buy apples for so many cents each, hoping to sell them for double or treble that amount, no one calls that gambling, even though you have no proof that there are enough apple-eaters out there to take the apples from you and ensure you the profit. Even if there have been lots of apple-eaters yesterday, everyone might want oranges today. Does that mean you shouldn't speculate in apples? And domain names last a fair bit longer than apples and may even get more desirable once all the oranges are gone.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't anyone a loser, domaining is more off a hobby for many & not a mainstream income for most of us here.

Also everyone looks to make good money via shortcut(don't you?), if it clicks fine & if it doesn't nothing wrong about that......as he/she has that extra bit of $ in pocket to do it, people do lose money on gambling....does it means that all are losers.

Sometimes you do it for fun, excitement or just to keep yourself occupied.

Cool down dude,
I agree domaining is more off like gambling but gambling is involved in every type of business.

But you are definately bound to make some good $'s if you play sensibly.....

True it involes some sort of risk but if you know what you are doing you cant really lose money same as poker if you play your cards right you will never lose in the long term.
I have only played with safe cards and when i got that AA i went all in, worked for me, maybe someone likes the AK suited more. We are all different, some develop alot of names, some develop 1 very good one, some only buy and sell, some just develop... the list can be very long

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
-- Thomas Alva Edison

Think about this when you develop next time

I don't see where he called "everyone" a loser, I think many of you are overreacting to his post and blowing it out of proportion. Read it again.

True he did'nt ment everyone, my wrong, but if you never try anything you will never know if you are good at it.
And you will never be good at it in the first few days takes time aswell

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thread title alone - "Domainers are Losers" is a sweeping statement, eyeball catching & provocative :lol:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arf guys you remind me of last year in Florida. I'm french and live in Paris and was shocked by how hot Florida chicks are when I came :rolleyes:

I was shocked by how hot the chicks were BEFORE I came! :pound:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The thread title alone - "Domainers are Losers" is a sweeping statement, eyeball catching & provocative :lol:

The next time you read "Elvis is Alive" or "Britney Spears baby is a space Alien" on the front cover of the National Inquirer, read what's written inside. :)

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if there have been lots of apple-eaters yesterday, everyone might want oranges today. Does that mean you shouldn't speculate in apples? And domain names last a fair bit longer than apples and may even get more desirable once all the oranges are gone.

Well, would be a nice analogy if they were actually comparable. Apple suppliers have distribution deals in place - usually well in advance of growing and picking their apples. There are middle men, i.e. supermarkets - who handle the issue of whether people want to eat apples or not. While their profit margin can rise and fall dependent on weather, inflation, etc., they have years of data, as well as the certainity that no matter what changes in the world or technology, there will always be some apple eaters. Domaining does fall pretty far from that tree, wouldn't you say? ;).

HumanIngenuity

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a fellow loser I am getting ready to drive my mercedes convertible over to breakfast & then go out on my new 35 ft yacht-cruiser for 4th of july with some of the hottest chicks in South Florida, I'm probably making this up huh? I'll post some pics later, along with the daily $x,xxx parking stats (you know, to inspire all the other "losers" )

.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, you are the loser for being negative dude. And I'm not kidding. :peace:

no wonder you dont ever want to be online Chris, partying in the daytime and replying to my emails when u are tired of playing LOL

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the "Losers" on this forum are the ones who don't want to learn, who get discouraged and quit, then spend their time discussing everything under the sun BUT domaining, while sitting on their portfolio of worthless domains waiting for something big to happen... They are the real losers.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Losers are the people not in this business ;)

JoeP

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's true that the preponderance of participants in businesses that are attractive to "main chancers" are losers. I also believe that the speculative buying and selling of domain names is a negative sum game over all. However, since 1998, I've registered a myriad of generic names and I sell them over time. The number of domains that I've purposely let drop, because my experience tells me that they are not worth holding, is extremely small. For me, it's both a vocation and an avocation.

Different people bring different talents and interests to this market. Mine are based in language - the English language. That means that I'm likely to "miss out" on early technological registrations, but likely to guess right about the popular adoption of linguistic conventions. Others like to code or build websites and use domains as a vehicle for those skills - which may be substantial. They, and others with design skills, may make a living and think that they're great domainers, when really the main source of their success lies elsewhere. Business skills, of course, lie behind the greatest financial successes. But great financial success isn't the only objective for most people. Those market participants, while not making lots of money, may also be winners for many other reasons that define them as human.

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Totally agree! Anyone who thinks they can make lots of money from the internet with minimal effort is delusional "except for a few geniuses out there who are far and few between".

You have to work HARD at it every day and every hour your awake! Don't rest too much - not until you begin to reap the results of your input. Take a break between projects by all means but if you find that you can't - your probably a winner :) :$:

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The next time you read "Elvis is Alive" or "Britney Spears baby is a space Alien" on the front cover of the National Inquirer, read what's written inside. :)
You missed the point here, your examples are mere eyeball-catching, neither sweeping nor provocative to an entire class of people ;)

How about having "Lawyers are losers" on the front cover? Could you imagine the wave of protests and repercussions from the legal community, arising from this silly title alone?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also believe most domainers are not earning any serious money, that doesn't mean they are losers. There are many who treat that just as a hobby, nothing wrong with that.
The losers are those who get carried away with the hype, but don't do their homework and don't learn from their mistakes. Those who follow like sheep but fail to understand the underlying fundamentals of domaining. Those who believe domaining is a get rich quick scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators