Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DomainState closing shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And you should take credit Greg ... it was because of your take over of DNF that created DS ..

They resigned before the final sale and during the time I was negotiating to buy it (because I understand they suspected Dan was playing the bidderrs for a higher price) and left before GregR's buy.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I give way to greater knowledge as my recollection of the past is hazy to say the least .. Greg got the blame though wrongly or rightly .. Greg was allways fun and amusing .. where-as Realnames who shoulda got the blame seems to have no sense of humour ...

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I decided to refresh my memory of the past some 6 years ago of the events that went on at DS, i have found some relevant threads that are both interesting and amusing and that are part of domain forum history seeing that some of the cast and characters involved are still with us here today in this thread ...

I am wondering is it permissible to post links to the other forum here .. Admins ? its worth the read ...

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.. Greg got the blame though wrongly or rightly .. Greg was allways fun and amusing .. where-as Realnames who shoulda got the blame seems to have no sense of humour ...

Why should Realnames got the blame? I cant wait to hear your explanatioin for that false claim BS? When I was negoitiating with Dan I was not even aware the 3 amigos were also trying to buy it at same time.

Realnames did in fact seem to got the blame more than GregR as they allegedly thought I was the one who got in the way of their sale and caused the price to go up. I believe that was why 2 of them seemed to always dislike me and even flamed me a few times, even recently at a different forum where we were both active (at least until I got banned that same day).

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have had a pre auction offer from one of the current 3 part owners
of the site (Paul Shaw/Snoopy) at $20,000 USD. We consider the offer
to be acceptable in absence of any significantly higher offer. As a
result instead of holding an auction we will now be calling for
further offers.

Despite the fact that the offer is from a current part owner of the
site it is our intention to give careful consideration to all offers
that are put on the table. We would like to wrap things up over the
next few days.

Please note we have also attached screenshots of Google analytics
stats to this email, it is roughly one weeks worth (we did not record
stats previous to that)

Best regards,

Domainstate admins

Updated.

D

Deleted member 111831

Thoughts on that?

They claimed to be after transparency before but this is anything but transparent. They required bidders to register for their forum, provide their email address and their real name - then one of the part-owners see's all of that information and makes a bid. Anybody bidding now has no idea who the other bidders are or even how many of them there are.

I don't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 111831

Acro,

Your criticisms of domainstate would be a lot more credible if they weren't so persistent and absolute - and accompanied by the fact that they banned you.

That said, if I buy it, one of my first orders of duty is going to be to unban you =)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My criticism is based on the facts and actions of the "Three Amigos" - if I were as you described I would have rambled on for years. Instead, I speak my piece now that DS is - temporarily - in the limelight. I tried to find another word for "insider trading", and Bernie Madoff came to mind. It's really bordering on the absurd and ridiculous, to see how much lower the trio will go. Apparently, once they realized noone would place offers on a dead forum, they invented the reserve of $20k in order to create further commotion. On eBay, this is called "shill bidding". Good luck to whoever bites this jumbo shrimp bait, keep a soda handy for digestion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 111831

Insider trading doesn't really make a lot of sense for a group of guys who never sold advertising on their forum. I don't see this is a scheme to make more money. I still don't like it though. Mostly because it feels like a breach of privacy and trust.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Now you're thinking rationally, PokerPie. Who would touch this with a 10ft pole? An offer of $20k from one of the 3 co-owners means that approximately $6,500 would go to each of the other two owners; in other words, his offer would be worth $13k. Do these peeps think we are new to the game?

D

Deleted member 111831

If you are implying he is getting a discount you forgetting the fact that he has equity. $13k+his equity is equal to $20k, assuming somebody else would pay $20k.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No, I'm implying outright that the bid is fake. A "standing offer" by a co-owner is simply bait for others to engage in bidding. How come they just now tossed in the traffic numbers? ;)

D

Deleted member 111831

lol it is possible but I would bet a lot of money against it. Again, they never even sold advertising on their site. After all of these years you think they are going to put money above ethics? Have they ever done anything else to make you question their integrity specifically when money is involved?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's irrelevant - the motive to sell something isn't based on one's past history of engaging in commerce, but rather, on the present circumstances. All of a sudden, all 3 mods became "tired" of babysitting a sleeping forum and announce a public sale that becomes an auction that becomes an offer game. With all the supposed "wisdom" they offered all these years, they surely chose the most ridiculous method to promote and sell something. They could have done it privately. I'm beyond skeptical with this one and I am not the only one.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have had a pre auction offer from one of the current 3 part owners
of the site (Paul Shaw/Snoopy) at $20,000 USD
. We consider the offer
to be acceptable in absence of any significantly higher offer. As a
result instead of holding an auction we will now be calling for
further offers.

Despite the fact that the offer is from a current part owner of the
site it is our intention to give careful consideration to all offers
that are put on the table. We would like to wrap things up over the
next few days.

Please note we have also attached screenshots of Google analytics
stats to this email, it is roughly one weeks worth (we did not record
stats previous to that)

Best regards,

Domainstate admins
Updated.
A pre-auction offer from one of the owners? Is that a joke? Mind sharing the URL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators