Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Don't Attack Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Written By:
I. Berlin

"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer "

God Bless America
Land that I love
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above
From the mountains, to the prairies
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home. :)

Domain Summit 2024

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
Don't get me started on that one..:D

The media trys to overthrow the government by putting the early fix on Florida returns.

This was a bloodless coup in the making led by the national networks and it took nothing less than the supreme court to end that charade.

....nuff said on that one..my blood pressures rising as I sit here typing.

(If that doesn;t start some ugly conversation we need to invite a few recently banned members back :D )
FACT: Gore got more popular votes than Bush.
Opinion: Had Gore won that election, our world would be way much different (arguably better) than the one we are in now.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fact: Our system is not decided on popular vote...not now..not ever. Your point is irrelevent.

Opinion: You're right...have you ever read the writings of Gore? If not, you have no idea what you are talking about. He's a very scary man.

If by arguably better you mean a continuation of the pacifistic policies that the former administration practiced that got us to this point you would be correct (Al was runner up in that program for 8 years)....but only until a real man stepped up and said no more. Then the world could call him a war monger instead of Al.

Go...read..get educated about the man..and come back to talk.

My post was not in defense of Bush or his policies. It was an attack on the last election process and the whiners who don't understand the roll the media tried to play in a national election.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a little teapot - short and stout.

Here is my handle - here is my spout.

Hey everybody ...... I'm a Teapot! :D

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hehe....stop it popper. It's just starting to get fun.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK - OK..... you guys have at it.

Somebody call me if there is any blood shed though!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just want to elaborate a bit on two of my points:

Students of political science all know that the media is one of the building blocks of the policy game; it's no surprise that they played a role in the election. There's no conspiray at all.

And I said "arguably" because like many liberals, I don't like Gore. I would even go further to argue that he lost his bid not to the right but to the left. The bottom line is: we still have to choose the lesser of the two evils.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Students of political science all know that the media is one of the building blocks of the policy game; it's no surprise that they played a role in the election. There's no conspiray at all.

True...but there is a very distinct difference in the accepted roll of media political intervention by "recommendation" of a candidate

...and the early announcement of a liberal winner in what most pundits (and professionals in both camps) saw as THE swing state. Polls were not closed and in spite of the medias agreement to not project a winner in any state until the polls are closed

......all major US media (who we all know to be staunchly liberal) came out for Gore as the winner...2 hours before the polls closed. Of course..they ALL changed their predictions of the Florida outcome just hours AFTER the closing of the booths on the panhandle.

No conspiracy? You're clearly not in touch with American politics.

And I said "arguably" because like many liberals, I don't like Gore. I would even go further to argue that he lost his bid not to the right but to the left. The bottom line is: we still have to choose the lesser of the two evils.

To the left? He's the original tree hugger and has leaned on biblical writings to justify his outrageous positions on the environment numerous times.

This guy is so far to the left he makes Hillary look like Pat Buchanans best friend (bit of a stretch there..Hillary is actually soul mates with the anti-christ
:eek: isn't she? - I forgot who to attribute that line to..I think it was Penn and Teller)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By losing to the left, I mean Gore lost his bid to Ralph Nader of the Green Party.

Your honor, the people rest.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry

......all major US media (who we all know to be staunchly liberal) ...

If your coming from a far right perspective, everyone looks like a lefty... :)

It's all relative.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that some US soldiers and their families are sueing Bush for violating US constitution - only the congress can declare war to another country, not the president.
Seems like no one cares though.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be fair, the U.S. media ARE known to be liberal-leaning; but shoudn't every educated person be so? LOL! :D :laugh:

edisaacson

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isn't anyone concerned that our President is sending troops to Iraq for only 2 reasons: oil and to avenge the debacle that his daddy oversaw.

Second note:neither the electoral college nor the people of the US chose Bush as President, the Supreme Court made the choice.

Third: Does it bother anyone else that our President is a functional illiterate?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just saw this on CNN (behind Tom Ridge):

http://www.ready.gov

... AND you know what: readygov.com has JUST been registered! Whodunit?

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find it bothersome that one of the biggest promoters of going to war with Iraq in the early stages was Casper ( I'm in charge) Weinburger who also is a major stock holder in Beltec. Beltec is a company in the business of building army bases and the likes. I don't think it is liberal to be against the military industrial complex. Actually I consider it fiscally conservative. Proffiting from war via the US tax payers is a social program for whom, Liberals?

Some terms people might want to bone up on for the next Iraq war:

1. collateral damage: That's when civillians die and non lethal targets like water treatment facilities are bombed.(bombing facilities like these is considered a violation of the Geneva convention) According to UN documants over 900 Iraqi civillians have been killed by allied bombing in the no fly zone since the last Gulf war.

2. Depleted uranium: used in hardening artillary shells it is still radioactive and was used by our Government in first Iraq war, Yugoslavia, and Kosovo. It was tested by our Government at our nave base in Puerto Rico and children in the area have an extremely high rate of leukemia and childhood cancer

3. Pre-emptive strike: That's starting a war without the other country engaging in war first.

4. Right wing military dictatorship: That's what our government puts in power when it wants to assure US corporations a free lunch, dirt cheap labor and resources, and no confining laws protecting the environment from dumping the wastes they create.

Saddam Hussain is a ruthless dictator, but war should be the last result and only if there is proof that our country is under attack. I grieve the children of Iraq.

Dare to know. Dare to care. The day is coming soon.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, think. Agree 100% .

Btw - for the ones that have no clue:
You might wanna look up which jobs and positions people like Condoleezza Rice, Dick Cheney etc. had before they joined government.
It's frightening.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"We have not journeyed across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy."-- Winston S Churchill, December 1941.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll make a point of looking into it Beatz. By the way Bush has appointed Elliot Abrams ( another Iran Contra co-conspirator) as a high level diplomat for middle eastern affairs. Looks like I have a lot of home work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators