Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Drastic drop in Namedrive Stats on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yesterday all my names parked witht ND dropped in both uniques and CTR by more than 50%. I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same. Are your stats updating or just a regional thing affecting those in Europe?
thank you.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A,

Thanks for the post. I have checked our internal stats for Friday and everything looks good. Can you PM me your username so I can check your account for you?

We did remove some names from the system recently for policy reasons, but none on Friday.

Thanks,

gjm

dnelson197

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah, got me too. Maybe because most of my domains are from Europe too? Same for Saturday as well. Hopefully it will go back to normal soon. :)

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
evibe,

I do not know, but there has been a similar thread regarding google related domains which have been removed from NameDrive and the information was not sent via E-mail, only appread on their site. I do not know if it has changed since then.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Abraham,

Sorry for the slow response. PM sent, it seemed there was a spike in your traffic last week and it has returned to 'normal' levels, maybe because of a wrong URL or advertising campaign for the site.
Traffic is definitely dropping as the summer swings into gear. The gorgeous weather and England's sensational football match on the weekend clearly affecting traffic. I am very happy to see it pouring with rain today. Click, you internet users...

Evibe/Maxo, we always notify any removal of a domain name by email, though this is a very rare occurence. However, the Google thing affected several hundred people, so we thought the safest and most effective way would be to post a notice in the member area where we know our clients check on a very regular basis.

Ed

dnelson197

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi NameDriver,

Hope it's okay to hijack this thread for a quick question? (Sorry Abraham) My CTR is usually between 5 and 8 or so percent portfolio average. I've read the normal click thru percentage on Name Drive is higher.

Okay, I admit I did stray for a short time and tried a few other companies and came back. My CTR at SEDO was higher but not much on the same keywords (the pay per click was pathetic). I have determined Name Drive is the way to go with European traffic so I really don't want to talk about trying other companies. That seems to be the standard answer, so that is why I addressed this.

I have about 80% or so (guessing) German language traffic. What I am wondering is, what would be considered "normal" click thru percentage? Is 5 to 8 percent in the low range for European based traffic? I realize it would depend on the domain, but maybe could you address a portfolio average? I have a small portfolio of 85 domains.

I would also like to know if possible, do you have German language speaking staff available for keyword help for non German speaking clients?

Last, I would like to know if u have any tips for increasing CTR?

Name Drive Rocks!

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

You're always welcome to hijack a thread if you post 'namedrive rocks' at the bottom ;)

Seriously though, we have a very strong German presence and I can certainly have our team look over your portfolio for you to get the most out of it. Having looked at the CS mails, I believe I may know who you are already - with a hotel domain showing English ads... - but if you send me a PM with your account email, then I'll be glad to get it seen to. I'm half-German myself, so I can have a look and make sure things are OK for you.

I'm not a big fan of 'normal' CTR. Every company counts views and clicks differently and some try to make CTR perhaps look higher than the earnings would suggest. Yahoo feeds can have multiple clicks from single IP addresses, meaning over-100% CTRs in some cases. We like to focus on earnings at the end of the day. If you're earning more, then people are generally happier. However, for German traffic, we generally manage to get around 20% CTR on the names, this can go anything up to 50/60% on very targeted names, so I certainly think there is some distance to grow. If you get in touch, then I'll be glad to have the German team look over it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ed

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dnelson, % 28.46 for last 30 days with ND. 100% european traffic. I had better CTR when i was focused on "quality" of names (about 32%), now i register almost everything.

Hope it helps.

Malaysia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well..friday, saturdays n sunday are always lower than weekdays..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators