Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

ESE.com hijacked at moniker

Status
Not open for further replies.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ese.com has been pushed back to my Moniker account. Special thanks to Martin Osusky of Sedo and Monte Cahn of Moniker for resolving this issue in a prompt manner. As a result of Sedo's new security measures hopefully this will never happen again.

Quoted from another forum:

To our valued Sedo customers,

With immediate effect we have updated our communication protocols used for domain purchases and sales. All correspondence related to a transaction will be made directly through the respective Sedo accounts. Emails will only be sent to indicate that there is an update and that the customer should refer to their account for the relevant information.

As well as automated processes, our customers have a dedicated transfer agent to ensure a safe and expeditious transaction for all parties. You will of course still be able to contact your agent directly by phone and email.

Sedo is committed to ensuring the highest possible security and we encourage you to contact us with any issues, by emailing [email protected]

-Stephanie

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent move by Sedo, and grats getting the name back... Now I know not to respond to 'sedo' emails directly.

HuntingMoon

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
moniker has a big brain and acts - bravo! fantastic. the principle of scammers taking names, and then registrars failing to assist their customers "you pushed it" is just a cop-out. moniker is not letting their customer get screwed. impressive!

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Certainly makes me feel better about transferring my most valuable name there :D

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wonder how this would have gone down it the domain was at GoDaddy?

NetworkMsia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To our valued Sedo customers,

With immediate effect we have updated our communication protocols used for domain purchases and sales. All correspondence related to a transaction will be made directly through the respective Sedo accounts. Emails will only be sent to indicate that there is an update and that the customer should refer to their account for the relevant information.

This is a great move!

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
moniker has a big brain and acts - bravo! fantastic. the principle of scammers taking names, and then registrars failing to assist their customers "you pushed it" is just a cop-out. moniker is not letting their customer get screwed. impressive!

I am consistently impressed by Moniker's ethics and business practices.

I am consistently impressed by Moniker's ethics and business practices. I'm actually embarrassed that they were not my registrar a long time ago. I finally got around to moving my domains to them today... after forgetting to do it for months.

nam2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well Michael he didn't get back to me, he obviously realizes he as been tumbled, i forwarded all the details to sedo and moniker.

just to bring everyone up to speed, I was offered this domain last week, http://sdnforum.com/forums/2-lll-com-quick-sale-t758.html
Sian gave me the link to this thread so I contacted Michael and PMd the user back saying i would buy it to see if i could get any further details.

he didn't reply, the strange thing is he was offering 2 LLL's, he didn't give details of the other so maybe someone else as also been stung.

the IP address he posted from was also in Iran.

but the site owner and i had both bought domains off him previously, nothing of hight value, but i also passed this info on to sedo and moniker in case they could get any info from the previous domains reg details

Dinzer_dot_com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those Iranian(s)! There is a bomb called The Joint Direct Attack Munition developed by the US Air Force and the US Navy which is the most accurate bomb in the world. After release, its location is continually monitored by seven different satellites and it can hit targets with an accuracy of within 6 ft. 7 in. I hope sometime it can be used against those "domainer(s)". :rip:

Right, I was aware of it and always:

1. Phone the Sedo office main line asking to transfer ne to the direct local of a transfer agent who emailed me.
2. Check the email header.
3. Google the sender name.

I didn't expect to see such racist garbage in a domain name forum.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please explain it to me.

If it is the phrase "Those Iranians..." that you are referring to then I'm afraid you need to go back to school, as it describes not a race of people, but people living within a certain country. It would be akin to saying "those Americans", "those Canadians", "those Brits". There's nothing racist about it. Furthermore, he didn't call for the dropping of JDAMs on the entire populous, he called for them to be dropped on the offending scammers.

Dinzer_dot_com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which school? "Let's bomb them school"? This is so deja vu.. if the word racist is so sensitive to you - although I don't know why you're talking on behalf of someone else unless you share the same values - let's call it with another term which's more accurate: hatred. I even think it's against this forum's rules to express hatred against others.. even worse.. he's even calling for bombing and killing people.. for a crime one person has allegedly done.

Lets put it this way so maybe you'll get a chance to see this issue from "my" point of view. Let's say I got scammed by an american, or canadian for that matter. And I'm sure there are more american scammers out there on the net then there're iranians.. then I'll say: "Those americans/canadians! there is a bomb/suicide bomber/or whatever that's so effective I hope sometime it can be used against those "domainer(s)". Now what would your reaction be? everyone's reaction? be honest and tell what you'd feel if you've read something like that? I might even find myself in Guantanamo or in some other secret prison for saying that.. let alone being attacked by eveyone here in this forum.. Only arrongance would prevent you from seeing it this way.. my friend :)

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time to get off your horse, it was an offhand comment about scammers, not a country or race of people. If you're that easily offended put a paper bag over your head and go hide in a closet or under a bed. Suicide bomber? No one other than you mentioned that.

I've used Moniker for a few years now and am VERY happy with them. The last time I transferred a few domains in one day I got an email from Moniker asking me if I had indeed transferred them on my own or if this was a problem. I'd rather get an email to confirm things like this than have to deal with a company like GoCrappy and their form emails.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick is a must-read.

Dinzer_dot_com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Time to get off your horse, it was an offhand comment about scammers, not a country or race of people. If you're that easily offended put a paper bag over your head and go hide in a closet or under a bed. Suicide bomber? No one other than you mentioned that.
Canadians joining force? What kind of language was that? a paper bag? Why don't you - you, your mate, and the offender - get off your B52 or put a plastic bag a la Abu Ghraib over your head just to get a feeling how it's like to be on the other side? That mentality - "let's bomb them" - has caused hundred of thousands of innocent people theyr life. I've tried to draw a parallel when I mentioned suicide bombing. I've tried to make a point but you seem to lack common sence to understand that - or lack of will to accept it.

Here's a simple question: would you use the same argument - using bombs - if the scammer was canadian, american..? Just answer with yes or no. You may justify your answer if you wish but you don't need to. althoug I know you're going to avoid to answer.

It's ridicilous and disgusting to defend such behaviour IMHO. Here's an excerpt from this forum's rules:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators