Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed F O O D . T V

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.

How much is FOOD.TV worth now?

• 1,000 USD

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 10,000 USD

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • 100,000 USD

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 1,000,000 USD

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
Food.TV is an excellent domain name and I am not really sure why you got some of the appraisals you did. This domain name is worth somewhere in the range of $5k. Some of the people here are ccTLD haters.

Erm, a positive one. Thanks ;o)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hireliberty

What do you mean?

You said you took my idea and emailed foodtv.com :)

I get 20% :)

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry

You said you took my idea and emailed foodtv.com :)

I get 20% :)

Let's see... :laugh:

Thanks for you idea anyway.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
Food.TV is an excellent domain name and I am not really sure why you got some of the appraisals you did. This domain name is worth somewhere in the range of $5k. Some of the people here are ccTLD haters.

No, just 3rd world tropical island pretend-to-be global TLD ccTLD's. I love .us, .de .co.uk etc. real major industrial country ccTLD's that do not pretend they are something else.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For all those people repeating that .tv stands for tuvalu, not television:

Yeah we knew that already...yawn.

Still to most endusers it means television; or thats what they think of first if they hear it for the first time.

In germany even some very popular TV shows have a .tv domain as their homepage - so my point is, it doesn't matter what it actually once stood for or what it actually means; what matters is *how it is used* and therefore known and nothing else.

.com once stood for commercial as well, still nobody cares -nowadays you see a lot of non profit sites with a .com name.

So just because you as domainers know that .tv means tuvalu doesnt mean the general public/endusers will not see it as an extension for television.

Quite the opposite.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hireliberty

Let's see... :laugh:

Thanks for you idea anyway.

Next time advice some TM issue Doberry.:mad:

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

No, just 3rd world tropical island pretend-to-be global TLD ccTLD's. I love .us, .de .co.uk etc. real major industrial country ccTLD's that do not pretend they are something else.

Look at www.tv

It is a Verisign company now, a US company. They signed a contract with the small country. But, please don't call them a 3rd world country. Thanks.

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
For all those people repeating that .tv stands for tuvalu, not television:

Yeah we knew that already...yawn.

Still to most endusers it means television; or thats what they think of first if they hear it for the first time.

In germany even some very popular TV shows have a .tv domain as their homepage - so my point is, it doesn't matter what it actually once stood for or what it actually means; what matters is *how it is used* and therefore known and nothing else.

.com once stood for commercial as well, still nobody cares -nowadays you you see a lot of non profit sites with a .com name.

So just because you as domainers know that .tv means tuvalu doesnt mean the general public/endusers will not see it as an extension for television.

Quite the opposite.

This gentleman rocks. You deserve the best post in Y2003. :D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you have to understand...Duke is a hardcore dot-US man...It's like trying to get a US union worker to buy a japanese car... :)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heh, gotta live up to my name. :D

Btw one could even argue that since the .tv registry including all rights was bought by VS it actually doesn't mean tuvalu anymore.
It means whatever VS or any registrant wants it to mean.

T

Tee

It doesnt get any worse than .tv - an absolutely absurd pricing structure - a super hype campaign touting .tv as representing the new media - when its not new at all, its called television and you can find one in a living room near you, and the fact that beyond the limited television field tv makes no sense for anything on the internet.

At best, .tv is worthless as a speculation. At worse, its a very expensive waste.

Strictly a newbie error.

Good luck though.

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
It doesnt get any worse than .tv - an absolutely absurd pricing structure - a super hype campaign touting .tv as representing the new media - when its not new at all, its called television and you can find one in a living room near you, and the fact that beyond the limited television field tv makes no sense for anything on the internet.

At best, .tv is worthless as a speculation. At worse, its a very expensive waste.

Strictly a newbie error.

Good luck though.

I am new in this forum. But i am not a newbie in domain business. Thanks for your extreme comments... :eek:

T

Tee

Your welcome. Good luck though with selling it.

How much are your reg fees for that by the way? Do they increase it yearly or was that just tuvula's policy?

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
Your welcome. Good luck though with selling it.

How much are your reg fees for that by the way? Do they increase it yearly or was that just tuvula's policy?

Thanks and same to you. ;)

The annual fee is fixed ;o)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much was the reg fee?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
> doberry: It's like trying to get a US union worker to buy a japanese car...

LOL! I guess those union workers are EXACTLY the type of people who BUY Japanese cars, especially with their HIGH salaries (unionized) and knowledge of the auto industry (everybody knows that Toyota Camry is best).

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as ideas for great websites go you can make a successful business out of, some would say, obscure extensions - example that springs to mind is mp3.tv.
As far as selling this name to domain speculators is concerned then you are onto a loser, but if you can pitch it to a tv company who is looking to set up a new food/cookery channel then I think the name has lots of potential. Good luck.

T

Tee

How much is the reg fee? My main problem with tv, beyond its limited application (I do believe there are some good names with it - I just dont buy the whole new multimedia experience bs with it - its television - the new exeprience will probably not be television, it will probably be called the computer or something else, not to mention .tv sounds plain awkward on the computer/ internet medium) is the pricing. They were pricing like out of their mind .com speculators!

Its like hard enough for people to be able to choose their speculations and then you have an extension speculating on it themselves? Many of the names, many of them tv irrelevant, you would have to resell for a small fortune to make a profit. And then it is expensive for the new owners...

If the pricing is fixed for all names, meaning the same price for any name and no annual increases, then I think .tv is worth a little more - but still very limited.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the drawbacks about a developing country TLD is that ANYTHING can happen. Contracts and papers are meaningless when say a coup take place ...

And don't say it's impossible. Actually during the height of emigration wave because of the handing back of Hong Kong to China, some businessmen from this former British colony actual supported financially a coup in a certain Pacific island country (I forgot which one) in order to acquire favourable investment deals. The coup failed though.

T

Tee

Of course, any name with any extension with proper dev. and marketing can go as high as the sky.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators