Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

fabulous Fabulous Cheated Me

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll make a long story short. Two months ago I started with Fabulous and their program. I have about 300 poker related names, and some of them are individual names of poker players. I don't have ANY trademark issues. Three days ago I received an email stating that my account was suspended because of supsicious activity. I emailed back immediately and asked my ignorant account manager what that meant and to please let me know what he was talking about.

He emailed me a list of six domain names. Four were people's names, and one was a famous actress follwed by poker.com, the other was the word poker followed by a negative term.

I googled all of my names and emailed a very likely explanation back. The total amount was under $160.

One player is the 2005 World Series of Poker Champion.

Another is on the Cover of the Current Issue of Cardplayer Magazine

The Actress who plays poker is on the cover of a poker magazine, and also won her second poker tournament this month.

Another player just last week won a million dollar poker tournament in Atlantic City...the same day of the clicks on his name.

They insinuated that I was involved and told me to park my names elsewhere. This company does this RIGHT BEFORE they are about to televise the World Series Of Poker Main Event on ESPN. This is going to cost me a nice chunk of change, as I now have to move over 2000 names to places that do not pay as much for gambling traffic.

I will contact all of their advertisers and let them know that I believe their system is faulty. If they cheated me, who is to say that they don't cheat their advertisers? I put in hundreds of hours in the last two months getting this account set up, and the one time I finally have a good week they shut me down.

Fabulous.......I will get even and you know it. Everything I do will be legal as well. If you have a right to do what you did, then I will exercise my rights and bad mouth you by repeating this true story.

When this is over, I assure you that you will have wished that you treated me like a human being; especially when I produced tons of Google evidence from the last week that explained EVERYTHING. Each of these names got no more than a few clicks.

And then you lied to Afternic about the reason you suspended my PPC Account. They told me that you said that you noticed that I had parked some names at Afternic....and you didn't want my business any more. I forwarded most of my emails correspondence to Afternic, and now they know that you lied about everything. It is documented that you lied.

I am going to try to put you out of business in a legal way. Sometimes, when you bully people around and get away with it you can feel invincible. You had your corporate council send me an email with a copy of the terms of agreement....showing that Fabulous can do whatever it wants. Fine. I sent him an email back showing him that I bought his name in dotcom just in case I needed to document our dispute. I bought my account manager's name as well. Happy Motoring.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a story! I would try calling them first, before attacking them, maybe they'll let you use your other names. Remember, it's very unlikely that you can make that sort of income any place else.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see how they ripped you off? It is their company. If they don't want you as a customer, thats a loss for them. Just because you won't make the same amount of money somewhere else doesn't mean their ripping you off.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Byalik, they cancelled him earnings ALREDY EARNED ! Same happened right now to me, I have even more funny story. Thats why I am in this section of the DNF. I will post the story later in a new thread. What a bigheaded garbage they are...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
on a side note, Google actually did a great job emailing me ahead of time when they wanted me to change something - I made the changes and they were very happy to make all payments I was entitled to

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, Google is sofisticated system with hundreds of "genial" employess, working on algorythms, with deep analyzes of any hits and movements etc.

One can not compare Google to just a bunch of big-pocket bigheads, which only advantage was, they happened to start to register domains at the right time.

Their hypocrisy with tm infrigements can be easily seen with all those WIPO decisions:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:wipo.int+"Domain+Active"
Some those domains are such blatant breaking of trade marks, I would be whole day red to own such domains. Yet they are telling people something about TM domains...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can be overly cynical about everything, but it sure doesn't make for a very happy life

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not see any cynism used here.
I actualy believe cynism make real happy life, because it enlightens the problems
GT, Your irrelevant remarks are already quite famous on DNF

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and so is your mindless bickering...complaining about this, that and the other in about half of your posts

are there any domaining/internet companies who you do not think are doing constant evil?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are lucky you pockmarked inferiority complexed clown you are barking just in forums. In real live, you would get beaten a lot for your constant and irrelevant picking on people.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol :-D

Back to the topic at hand, obviously I'm not excusing what Fabulous has been accused of doing, so lets try and get to the bottom of this, shall we?

Smith

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From my experience you will not work with a more professional group of people.

I also find it comical how hypocritical you are questioning their professionalism and business ethics in the same post where you finish your rant with threats of blackmail.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
Well, Google is sofisticated system with hundreds of "genial" employess, working on algorythms, with deep analyzes of any hits and movements etc.

One can not compare Google to just a bunch of big-pocket bigheads, which only advantage was, they happened to start to register domains at the right time.

Their hypocrisy with tm infrigements can be easily seen with all those WIPO decisions:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:wipo.int+"Domain+Active"
Some those domains are such blatant breaking of trade marks, I would be whole day red to own such domains. Yet they are telling people something about TM domains...

Regarding TM infrictions, I got the following e-mail from Afternic, who partners with Fabulous.

Attn: fab

Fabulous, one of our parking providers, has
removed your name from their parking system.
We have moved it to DomainSponsor, another
provider, since it currently displays a blank
white page. The changes should take effect
within one day. They found the name to be
trademark infringing. We have sent them an
email requesting that they reconsider some
of the names in their block list.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats the infamous "preaching water while drinking wine". If they would tell "sorry, we have ourselves so many TM-pirate names, we do not want risk other peoples names on our system" that would be kosher. This is just laughable.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smith said:

I also find it comical how hypocritical you are questioning their professionalism and business ethics in the same post where you finish your rant with threats of blackmail.

I agree I have always found them to be very professional...I have been with them for over a year and never have I had a single issue with them. I believe I have just over 1800 domains listed in my Fabulous Account.

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does Fabulous care to comment?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hmm, probably each of us has different understanding of the word "professional".

Here is some what you might call professional, I call it total amateurism:
I charged my account with credit card $256.50 for 38 domains- no problem, account charged, domains in my account
I added additional $400 from my CC - no problem, I registered more domains
email from Fabulous to send them some fax that they can charge my credit card, scan of the card, scan of my passport

What professional would do ? If he did not like the credit card, he would NOT CHARGE it at first place and ask for the documents BEFORE transactions, wouldn't he ?

Anyway, all documents has been sent (I forgot to tell they threatened me to delete all the domains without the documents).

That was still not enough - there came more questions - why signature on my CC is different than the one on fax, why I live in China when I am from Europe and so on.

Well - humiliate people, because someone do not like their nationality, thats not professional. If I am from US or from some so called "developped countries", sure thing I would have no problem.

And than came cancelling the wholesale account, that they did not like the domains, they allowed to park there (i.e. holdemopoker.com) and that I am breaking TM.

Later they realized, with all that TM breaking domains they are parking and owning, thats too funny hypocritical, so they changed it to "your traffic did not fulfill our expectations".

I do not call myselves professional, but I could guess quite exactly, how the domains I was putting in might do, how many hits can get etc. So the professionals did not know that before they approved ? Of course they new, they just did not want such suspicious nationality in their system...

Now I absolutely respect their right, park what they like. Although when I see, what shit is parked theere and what shit they own, makes me laugh..never mind...however I do not respect HUMILIATION with requesting from me zillion documents and explaining things which it's none of their business only because they think I come from nation, which they consider to be shitty (I bet they even do not know, where the country is however).

And one more thing about their "professionalism" - go and search their "Fabulous" 400K domains - 4 words picked from OVT with .com extension, which sane people would not register even for $2...but as I said - the problem is probably in definition of the word "professionalism"...

If I would call someone professional, it would be companies like Domainsponsor, Sedo...

Rhesus

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems you have little of a clue of their business plan. I suggest you read their mission statements etc.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well if someone one my site was using a credit card several times in one day and was from china and claiming to live in europe.. or the credit card was issued from Europe I would most likely investigate and ask for further proof of identity. To me this is a company acting professionaly and a company that is protecting itself.

Too me it seems like fabulous are protecting themselves, by avoiding trademark domains, this is a good business practice even if it does not meet the approval of many domainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators