Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Fetish (Japanese) NO RESERVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Auction Closes 48hrs after last bid. Post to Bid. Post to Claim. Free Push at www.domainsite.com

xn--hck9bwc.com フェチ Fetish

Domain Summit 2024

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not showing any translation to fetish for フェチ. Where are you getting your information? Is there no translation from Japanese to English?

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EJ dictionaries rarely list such terms. Google it.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
I am not showing any translation to fetish for フェチ. Where are you getting your information? Just out of curiosity.

That's the problem with relying on machine translation :)

It's written in Katakana, a Japanese alphabet used primarily for loanwords, and it's pronounced "Fe-ti".

You can look up each individual character on a Katakana map and say it out loud as a test for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana

In addition, throwing the term into Google and scanning the results confirms this.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
vtrader said:
That's the problem with relying on machine translation :)

It's written in Katakana, a Japanese alphabet used primarily for loanwords, and it's pronounced "Fe-ti".

You can look up each individual character on a Katakana map and say it out loud as a test for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana

In addition, throwing the term into Google and scanning the results confirms this.

Yes, a useful trick can be to throw the Unicode and the English Translation into Google, a significant number of results will give confidence that the two terms have the same meaning.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are very few people I would trust to buy an IDN from but Rubber Duck is one of them.

$175

-=DCG=-

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
There are very few people I would trust to buy an IDN from but Rubber Duck is one of them.

$175

-=DCG=-

That's as maybe, but spans of meaning in different languages are invariably different. There really is no such thing as exact translation in as much one word maps exactly to another in a different language. I would urge all buyers to do reasonable checks on any buys. Just because you don't end up with what you expected, it doesn't necessarily mean that the seller was trying to deceive you.

The basics are to run it through the version of Google that corresponds to the language in question. This should tell you whether it is in common useage. Run it with both Local Characters and English Translation, which will give a reasonable indication of whether the two terms have the same meaning. Inspect the Urls for clues and click on a few of them to see what kind of sites they lead to. Check your online dictionaries. Have a look a local Overture Search and Type in Tools or equivalent. I deliberately give very little information to encourage you to do these things yourselves! Caveat Emptor (Let the buyer beware).

yanni

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Put me down for $200.

Thx

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice participation ;P another name to hopefully go on the dnjournal charts

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, what's the policy on Adult names here? Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom