Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

General English Words

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can I have some thoughts on the value of general english words, whether they are com net or org.

Being a commonly used english word, does that equate to $$ or if the word really cant be placed as a business related term, does this mean its generally worthless.

A few examples follow, all of which are NOT currently registered. Those that may reg any of them feel free. (tho dnbucks are always welcome hehehhehhe)

thicker.NET
transferred.ORG
Unfortunately.NET
unravelling.COM
untested.ORG
weakens.COM
weariness.COM
piled.NET
possesses.NET
purged.NET
recapture.ORG
refracting.NET
relating.NET
represented.ORG
requires.ORG
respective.NET
deliberately.ORG
described.ORG
digested.ORG
disadvantaged.ORG
distinguishes.NET

Mike

Domain Summit 2024
K

kingdon

If you only had these 8 years ago, you could make a few grand even on possesses.NET I wouldn't want these today, but there was a time when I would buy anything that was a dictionary word and say "wow it's in the dictionary" There is always a brand new excited speculator on e-bay who's just getting into this that would buy one. For $10 you can register one and try it out on e-bay. I'm sure you've seen some of the crap sold on e-bay, 3 letter domains with numbers and dashes, so these have to have some value.

Don

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
8 years ago? Is that a typo? there were a lot of dictionary words available in 1994, even in the .com TLD. If I had only had a crystal ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom