Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I use godaddy as my main registrar for a few reasons, personally I find it cheap, easy and fast - regardless though here's my current process:

I registered between 30-80 domains a day with them, 90% .com's the remainder org's and net's. Currently the best deal for me is as follows:

Bulk buy more than 5 at a time; enter promo code "chill3" or "zine3" and get my $6.95 .com's ($7.15 with icann fee), I also get free privacy since ordering more than 5, suits me great.

However on the .net / .org side I'm finding the best discount I can get is the 10% off that I automatically get for bulk buying anyways, and the domains are costing me nigh on $2 more than the .com's each.

I was thinking of joining the Domain Discount Club, to me this seems like a rip off on the .com's, saving me only $0.10 per domain, but I'll get a good price on net's and org's so should pay for it self?

Questions:

1: Domain Discount Club, can anybody confirm if you loose the ability to use promo codes [ie I can't join then also use a 10% off code to get more savings no?]

2: Domain Discount Club, do you still get the benefit of free priv on bulk orders?

3: Anybody know a good promo code for .net/.org that get's you them for around the $7 mark?

4: Any other methods of getting the best prices on new com/org/net's at godaddy?

Many Regards in advance all,

Nathan

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't answer your other questions, but the codes you are using require 5 or more domains to be purchased at one time. However, http://livecodes.blogspot.com/ has the code that allows you to buy one or more rather than five domains to get the $6.95 price ($7.15 after .20 ICANN fee).

nathanr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't answer your other questions, but the codes you are using require 5 or more domains to be purchased at one time. However, http://livecodes.blogspot.com/ has the code that allows you to buy one or more rather than five domains to get the $6.95 price ($7.15 after .20 ICANN fee).

yep I'm a CJ member and affiliate too.. but have to correct on that one; "chill3" and "zine3" work for all purchases from 1 .com upwards and for any amount of years.

The 5 or more only comes in to play with free privacy, no codes needed.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
use moniker for .net's
It's less than $7

Also try to use this code for purchase of $75 or more

catalog7

25% off will be applied to entire amount.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use OYH3 (or is it OHY3?) for $6.95 .com domains - most of the time I only register one.

But, there are also several threads in this subforum that show GoDaddy's discount codes, take a peek in them for some good discounts from time to time.

Crown

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Questions:

1: Domain Discount Club, can anybody confirm if you loose the ability to use promo codes [ie I can't join then also use a 10% off code to get more savings no?]

Promo codes to discount domains further have NEVER worked for me in the domain discount club. But discounting all non domain purchases with codes (such as products) has worked. If anyone ever finds anything that does work to discount domains while in the club let me know ;)

2: Domain Discount Club, do you still get the benefit of free priv on bulk orders?

Yes you still can. Although I have thousands of domains under privacy I tend to get offers for mostly my nonprivacy domains through email. Even though you can email a privacy name people seem to steer away from it perhaps thinking its not a valid address. So maybe take that into consideration for some names.

3: Anybody know a good promo code for .net/.org that get's you them for around the $7 mark?

If you dont want to join the DDC get assigned a GoDaddy executive rep. They can drop the prices to or around that range.

4: Any other methods of getting the best prices on new com/org/net's at godaddy?

Yes. Work with your account exec rep. If you are purchasing a lot of domain names you have most likely already been assigned one. Keep up your purchases and inquire with your rep on possible discounts. They seem to have the most leverage on services discounts because the domains are already pretty cheap in the DDC. But their leverage is mentionable and will save money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom