Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Go Daddy becomes the .in thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GO DADDY BECOMES THE .IN THING
World's Largest Domain Registrar Expands - Offering Catchy Domain Extension

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Jan. 19, 2009) - Hoping your Web site will become the next "in" thing on the Internet? GoDaddy.com, the world's largest domain name registrar, may be able to help. Go Daddy is adding .IN to its long list of domain offerings.

The .IN extension is actually the official country code top level domain (ccTLD) for India, but it's now available - through GoDaddy.com - for use as a domain by anyone in the world.

This wouldn't be the first time ccTLDs offered through Go Daddy have caught on beyond the country they represent. In January 2008, .ME - the country code of Montenegro - was introduced. In the last year, nearly 200,000 .ME domains have been registered for both personal and professional use.

"Go Daddy is making it easy for anyone interested in using a specific country code to have all their domains in one place," said Go Daddy CEO and Founder Bob Parsons. "For anyone looking for both low prices and world-class customer support, Go Daddy is the ‘in' thing."

The .IN Registry calls .IN, "a unique symbol of India and its role in the world." Currently 60 million of India's more than one billion residents are avid Internet users.Only three other countries on earth have more people online.

Go Daddy is a world leader when it comes to helping individuals and businesses build their online presence. Go Daddy is the world's largest domain registrar, the number one provider for new SSL Certificates and is the largest hosting provider in North America.

While other companies are suffering from harsh economic times, Go Daddy is continuing to thrive and venture into the international market. In July of last year, Go Daddy introduced its new subsidiary, Go Daddy Domains Canada, Inc., helping to better serve Canadian customers with the .CA domain extension.

The .IN extension is available to anyone interested in registering India's top level domain. All .IN domains have a one-year minimum registration requirement.

To register an .IN domain or to find out how to get online quickly and easily, visit: www.GoDaddy.com.

To find out more information about the India Internet Registration Authority, visit: www.Registry.in.

For .IN pricing go to www.godaddy.com

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 words: About damn time...seriously, why DIDN'T they offer .in before?

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
iam.in, are you? :)

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Go Daddy is making it easy for anyone interested in using a specific country code to have all their domains in one place," said Go Daddy CEO and Founder Bob Parsons.
Very convenient, and a good move.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is excellent news for godaddy customers and the .in cctld in general.

With this 27% of domain name registrants will have access to .in - adding netsol and a couple of others almost tripled the .pro reg base, this is going to do a lot more.

I wonder whether tdnam will get in on the .in drop action :hint:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am ready to move my .in domains to GD.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think they allow transfers atm.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adam- Any news on IDN.in anytime in the near future?

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You can reg .in for 12c elsewhere. So, what's the markup, 65,000%? :smilewinkgrin:

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can reg .in for 12c elsewhere. So, what's the markup, 65,000%? :smilewinkgrin:
Pls show me one place that offers 12c .in regs which are confirmable directly with the registry and i'll take a few thousand right now.

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did a transfer of 34 .in domains from a Resellerclub reseller to Godaddy. The transfers just completed today. There's still quite a few bugs in their system with respect to .in domains, so if you have multiple domains to transfer, I suggest starting with a phone call or email to Godaddy support. Have any promo codes ready too.

When will Godaddy accept .in transfers - got some I'd like to move there in the next month.

ftaylor

.scot
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can find it for $12, but not 12 cents.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Probably it was .cn for 12c. But even .in sells for pennies. You have to go to the native registrars

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The price levied on registrars by the registry for Indian domains are:
Second level domain, e.g. .IN 500 Rs.
Third level domain, e.g. co.in, net.in, org.in 250 Rs.
Those values exchange to approximately US$10.20 and US$5.10 respectively.

The list of all accredited Indian registrars, including the smaller ones, are provided at: http://registry.in/accredited_registrars/

News of registration sales below the base rate spread like wildfire among domainers. If anyone finds a registrar with a loss leader promotion, please share the specifics. There have been none for many months.

But even .in sells for pennies. You have to go to the native registrars

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But even .in sells for pennies. You have to go to the native registrars
Name one.

Like I said, would be happy to take a few thousand at 12c ea. ;)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom