Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy domain names being stolen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually do not blame the people that stole those domains. The problem lies with the registrars. It's 2009 and they did not figure out how to protect internet property. I would sue them. It's the easiest thing ever to actually secure domains.

Domain Summit 2024

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that sucks...

If anyone is using a yahoo, msn or gmail account for your admin contacts stop it already...you own domain names ya dork :)

raoul

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually do not blame the people that stole those domains. The problem lies with the registrars. It's 2009 and they did not figure out how to protect internet property. I would sue them. It's the easiest thing ever to actually secure domains.

I think the regitrars have a "nursing" role, there is no way, to stop stuipid users (yes they are) from doing stuipid things. If there is a hole in their system, YES the registrars should be held responsible, not in this case IMO.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that sucks...

If anyone is using a yahoo, msn or gmail account for your admin contacts stop it already...you own domain names ya dork :)
This has been mentioned so frequently on here.

Getting a secure, reliable, and safe email account is prudent. Plus it looks more professional if you have something that not anybody and everybody uses.

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I open up a registration company, I will certify that no domain will be stolen not matter what email you use or how stupid you are. There is a way, but I'll keep that for myself for now.

raoul

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If I open up a registration company, I will certify that no domain will be stolen not matter what email you use or how stupid you are. There is a way, but I'll keep that for myself for now.
sure there are ways, and there are registrars that have good reputiation "not one stolen domain in x years"

the problem here is that the OWNER (the broker) pushed the domain to the scammers account...

how to stop that? Its just a stuipid action, because he not checked escrow account, but assumed it the email was real.

I can send you tonight an email from [email protected] saying you will be deported to guatamo bay. Many people just not realize how internet works

untill the time everyone understand is (it will be never) there is NO way to stop such, or simular "hacking" "social engineering" ;)

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a way to stop it. Again, it's very easy. Did you ever see a stole house?

raoul

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a way to stop it. Again, it's very easy. Did you ever see a stole house?

yes sure, in some countries its possible to steal a house.

...anyway compared to this case it would be better to state:
the last owner not readed the papers so good, the house sold for 0$ to the new owner (he got a post letter from "the notary"(the backside had a stamp on it "notary john doe")) he just opend the envelope signed it, and the buyer picked the papers up "to bring it to the notery"

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're assuming the owner has to do something (read the contract, or push the domain). Under my umbrella the owner is protected from him stupidity and if the umbrella fails, the domain is insured.

So to put this in terms of real estate: the seller misread the contract ($0), sold the house for nothing, but regain the money from the insurer who covered him on his mistake. All for a small fee.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guy is from Chicago IL.

His real name could be: luke zycki

You guys should check the IPs he sent those emails from and try to match IP addresses on DNForum in order to get his screen name here.

And this could be the address:
221 POPPY LN, BENSENVILLE, IL 60106

PM me, how did you find this info?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is the same person: Lukasz Zycki.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heres something interesting, this scammer uses the email [email protected] for a legitimate email address, or at least he's emailed us from that email address in the pass using David Sanchez in the past. I know this is the scammer 100% using the email address, but not sure if he actually "owns" it. Anyway, I ran a reverse search (paid) on the email and it returned this:

John Sanchez
(248) 212-1555
48589 Wicker Creel Dr
Northville, MI 48168

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More info, did a little backround :)

Print Your Report (630) 669-1440 Mobile
Z Lukasz
Bannockburn, IL 60015
Nextel Comm Inc

More info coming on Lukasz Zycki...

Print Your Report
Lukasz Zycki
221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

Full-screen
Lukasz ZyckiMap data ©2009 Google - Terms of Use

Offender Details
1 of 5 records << Prev Next >>

Full Name: Zycki, Lukasz
Date Of Birth: 01/1983
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
State:
County: Dupage County

Available Offense Details
1 of 2 records << Prev Next >>

Description: Unlawful To Operate Motor Vehicle With Tinted Registration Plate Covers
Disposition:
Degree Of Offense:
Statute Violated:
Plea:
Arrest Date:
Disposition Date:
File Date: 04/06/2000
Other Details: Case Number: 2000tr049979
Birth Year: 1983
Legal Status: Closed
Balance Due Amount: $0.00
Agency: Wood Dale Police
Complaint Number: 000000146804

No bankruptcy records found for Lukasz Zycki in the state of IL

<< Prev Next >>

Marcin Zycki
221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

Andriana Zycki
221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

Tomasz F Zycki
221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

3 Total Records

<< Prev Next >>

Dorota M Wolek
221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

Marcin Zycki
221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

Andriana Zycki
221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

Tomasz F Zycki
221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

6 Total Records

<< Prev Next >>

760 Roosevelt Rd
Hanover Park, IL 60133

760 Roosevelt Rd
Hanover Park, IL 60103

221 Poppy Ln
Bensenville, IL 60106

More offenses...

1 of 2 records << Prev Next >>

Description: Operate Uninsured Motor Vehicle
Disposition:
Degree Of Offense:
Statute Violated:
Plea:
Arrest Date:
Disposition Date:
File Date: 01/08/2002
Other Details: Case Number: 2002tr003354
Balance Due Amount: $0.00
Complaint Number: 000000157145

1 of 3 records << Prev Next >>

Description: Drivers View Obstructed By Sign, Poster,window Application, Etc
Disposition:
Degree Of Offense:
Statute Violated:
Plea:
Arrest Date:
Disposition Date:
File Date: 02/27/2007
Other Details: Case Number: 2007tr026860
Legal Status: Active
Agency: Bensenville Police Depart
Next Court Location: Addison Field
Next Court Date: 04/09/2007
Complaint Number: 000000096707

1 of 1 records << Prev Next >>

Description: Speeding Over Statutory Limit 26-30
Disposition:
Degree Of Offense:
Statute Violated:
Plea:
Arrest Date:
Disposition Date:
File Date: 05/23/2008
Other Details: Case Number: 2008tr076552
Legal Status: Active
Balance Due Amount: $95.00 (as Of Date :: 06-05-2008)
Next Court Location: Addison Field
Assigned Location: Addison Field
Next Court Date: 07/22/2008
Complaint Number: 000000201585

1 of 1 records << Prev Next >>

Description: Speeding Over Statutory Limit 15-20
Disposition:
Degree Of Offense:
Statute Violated:
Plea:
Arrest Date:
Disposition Date:
File Date: 06/15/2009
Other Details: Case Number: 2009tr086057
Agency: Bensenville Police Depart
Complaint Number: 000000109545|

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take the IPs he sent the email from and do 2 things:

1. Find the locations of those IP addresses within US
2. Tell admins to run scans on NP and DNForum to find the those IPs in here.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take the IPs he sent the email from and do 2 things:

1. Find the locations of those IP addresses within US
2. Tell admins to run scans on NP and DNForum to find the those IPs in here.

He is clearly in IL, read above, its him. Secondly we now have several family members names that live at the same address, in the process of searching them out to get a valid number, this guy has never had a phone number other than a cell in his name.

This is the house, at LEAST 5-6 people live there all but one with the same last name.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?sourceid...rgTo&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

No worries Robert and Rocky we'll have this guy soon.

I believe he is Polish(?) any way I found a pic of a bunch of polish guys with his address mentioned, real " gangstas " in the pic, throwing up signs lol it has a matching addy BUT I wont link it because the site freezes my PC so may be dangerous/worm/trojans etc.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm starting to tie things together here:

GD account that stole 4n.net, 29116963, admin email is [email protected], BUT the password reset email on account is [email protected] which I found after trying several times.

[email protected] did business with EscrowDNS.com back in November and used the name David Sanchez, the reverse look up shows "John Sanchez" as the email owner. We also received several emails saying "hi" which I passed off as spam right before 4n.net was stolen. They sent the emails to several different @escrowdns.com email addresses, probably trying to find one that would bounce, they setup a godaddy account using [email protected] BUT we have a catch all feature which will deliver all emails to us no matter what, as long as its @escrowdns.com. So we received his emails saying "Hi" and also emails from Godaddy saying the domain name was pushed, I immediatly attempted to login to that account by resetting the password at Godaddy to "steal" the domain name back, but they were too quick.

Anyway, [email protected] or David Sanchez actually completed a transaction through us and was paid by Paypal to [email protected]. Now I doubt a scammer would accept money into a stolen account so that must be the scammers actual Paypal address.

4n.net was actually stolen once before and EscrowDNS helped return the domain name to its owner by intercepting the scammer. Before we found out he was a scammer he gave us his Paypal address which was [email protected] and went by the name "Ben". When you Google [email protected] there are several posts from 06-07 where the guy signs it with "Amir". The same scammer was trying to spread rumors around DP that we stole his domain name, he used the screen name "Sun431" over there and he purchased "signature space" from a member over there which now reads "Darmid.com" which has been used in the stolen domain names' whois.

If anyone can use this info to further track the scammer it would be greatly appreciated.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First house number retrieved and one more relative found, its been disconnected though :(

Still trying, unless they are all gypsys with throw away phones we'll get it eventually.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyway, [email protected] or David Sanchez actually completed a transaction through us and was paid by Paypal to [email protected]. Now I doubt a scammer would accept money into a stolen account so that must be the scammers actual Paypal address.

4n.net was actually stolen once before and EscrowDNS helped return the domain name to its owner by intercepting the scammer. Before we found out he was a scammer he gave us his Paypal address which was [email protected] and went by the name "Ben". When you Google [email protected] there are several posts from 06-07 where the guy signs it with "Amir". The same scammer was trying to spread rumors around DP that we stole his domain name, he used the screen name "Sun431" over there and he purchased "signature space" from a member over there which now reads "Darmid.com" which has been used in the stolen domain names' whois.

If anyone can use this info to further track the scammer it would be greatly appreciated.

Given that there was a payment made through paypal, this should be relatively easy to follow the trail for law enforcement. The FBI has been cracking down publicly lately: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ity-theft-ring-agents-with-the-federal-1.html

It should be simple for them to get the credit card or bank account info from paypal, then contact the financial institutions & follow the money from there. Has anyone called the feds yet on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom