Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

GoingtoState.com 3000 + type-ins daily 80,000 monthly

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The site/LP you've created for the domain is very low in Google/Yahoo etc.. but it's there so the clicks are minimal - as your seeing. The majority of the traffic is from the same IP's, meaning that it's ramped using either one or more PC's and a small but VERY identifiable proxy list.

BTW: Before you redirected to me "I'm sure" I saw some AdSense ads on your LP - be careful because G can see the referrer/IP's.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to stop this type of traffic?

If the traffic is all coming from a small set of ip's which it seems to be, you can block them via an .htaccess file. :eek:k:

The question remains though - WHY is a small but determined set of ip's hitting the same domain over and over again...

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the traffic is all coming from a small set of ip's which it seems to be, you can block them via an .htaccess file. :eek:k:

The question remains though - WHY is a small but determined set of ip's hitting the same domain over and over again...

I've already answered this:

"The majority of the traffic is from the same IP's, meaning that it's ramped using either one or more PC's and a small but VERY identifiable proxy list."

The seller may not be aware of this, but the fact remains.. Looking back at my stats I can identify a continuous source from 20 or so of the same IP's which account for well over 2,000 hits this evening.

No conversions, bad traffic, no sale .. nuff said .. It's 3:45 and I'm going to bed :)

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Quick questions before rushing to judgment:

1. Why did you choose that domain? It was never registered before.
2. Provide the stats from day 1 at Parked.com - that's the day you registered it - to about 10 days on.

Thanks.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath, then again if you like unmanned hits your going to enjoy this one :) Just don't use it in a public area ..

That's OK I still look forward to the traffic test which was previously agreed to by PM.

mplswifi

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I planned\plan to gather High School Tournament stats\DB's and allow ppl to search those old sports scores,stats via the site. I realized "wow-traffic" seemed good to me so maybe id sell it. As for it being at parked for only a few days.. I wasn't getting any hits so i thought move it and try to figure out where the traffic is coming from since parked stats are lacking that detail. So i used a wordpress widget to help out with where it was getting the traffic from and to verify that the volume was correct. Seemed fine to me but you guys are able to figure out that its junk traffic.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I believe I am scheduled next for a traffic test.

You still want to test it? Will anything new be learned?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Please post the Parked stats for day 1 to 10, that'd help.

mplswifi

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Quick questions before rushing to judgment:

1. Why did you choose that domain? It was never registered before.
2. Provide the stats from day 1 at Parked.com - that's the day you registered it - to about 10 days on.

Thanks.

I planned\plan to gather High School Tournament stats\DB's and allow ppl to search those old sports scores,stats via the site. Its a term i hear all the time up here in MN with Hockey and HS sports in general being popular(I live in the twin cities so we have alot of schools) I realized "wow-traffic" seemed good to me so maybe id sell it. As for it being at parked for only a few days.. I wasn't getting any hits so i thought move it and try to figure out where the traffic is coming from since parked stats are lacking that detail. So i used a wordpress widget to help out with where it was getting the traffic from and to verify that the volume was correct. Seemed fine to me but you guys are able to figure out that its junk traffic.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I still want to test it. I never said it was junk traffic and my results will be held in confidence if you wish. Traffic stats can be very confusing. I already sent you my DNS. Thanks.

You still want to test it? Will anything new be learned?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK. So you registered it on March 31, and according to WHOIS history you parked it at Parked immediately. Where is April? Did it have zero traffic during the first 5 weeks?

mplswifi

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sedo for a bit but was trying to figure why no clicks vs volume - I dont think i parked it immediately just hanging at GD waiting for me to do something with it-

01/06/10 12,249 8 0.07% $0.16 $0.11 $1.31

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No, WHOIS shows that you put it on Parked from day one, that's either March 31 or April. That's the stats I'd like to see from Parked.

mplswifi

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I requested a report from the parked dashboard which I guess is delivered at 4pm the next day,i will send that to you. Wife is on pc now and I'm on my phone so I can't screen shoot it now.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Alright, I give up.

As I haven't checked the IPs like Zorag did, I can't tell what they match; he said they are proxies. In that case, traffic is "junk" and the domain should be considered an oddity.

mplswifi

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alright, I give up.

As I haven't checked the IPs like Zorag did, I can't tell what they match; he said they are proxies. In that case, traffic is "junk" and the domain should be considered an oddity.

I honestly appreciate your time you have put into trying to figure this traffic oddity out. If you come to the twin cities I'll take you to a twins or wolves game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators