Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Grassroots.org needs our help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think one of the things that people should take into account here is that "Not for Profit" does not mean that the founders cannot be beneficiaries. Most Not for Profits are little more than a scam, although I have no direct knowledge of Grassroots.org. "Not for Profits" are not only able to pay their founders huge salaries and generous expense accounts for doing very little, but they are also able to channel large amounts of cash back into associated enterprises which make massive profits. It is not unusual for commercial printers to set up charities of this ilk in the UK. They get all the money in for Charity Calendars or the like, a small cut goes to Charities, some of which are pretty bogus themselves and the rest goes back into Printers who are running a pretty lucrative business. It is effective marketing, and it allows them to charge a premium for some pretty uninspired product.

Good points Rubber Duck. Now where have you been since 1/4/2010? The new wife keeping you busy?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Isn't ICANN a non-profit also?

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I knew that Michael Mann guy was a fraud from day one. Anyone who constantly uses charity closely aligned with their business plan is suspect. Not all are unstable scammers, but after seeing what has become of this guy recently he is at a minimum unstable.

The bottom line is that there are lots of frauds out there. People still say Business.com sold for 7 million. And people still believe Flowers.mobi was legit at 200K at whatever it was.

Things that are NOT FOR PROFIT are often scams.....like one of the posters said above. Not for profit doesn't mean nobody is benefitting. People are finally realizing how many liars and scamsters are out there. I used to chase them down myself but I would usually be the one getting banned. Can't prove it! They would say. Whatever.

Most scumbags know to stay away from me because I will take the banning and go away for years. I stand up when someone starts creeping around spreading little lies......I know it is part of a bigger scheme down the road.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but after seeing what has become of this guy recently he is at a minimum unstable.

details..

o I just got updates... wowser.

So how but that Lynn, hear she has quite a portfolio lol

Last edited:

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The salaries of the officers in the Non Profits make them unthinkable.

Before one donates their hard earned money - they need to see how much the directors and above in the organizations are making.

Poor low level employees are working for minimum wage or working for cause (not knowing what the officers are making)

Check ICCAN for example.

D

Deleted member 5660

I got the tax returns (that includes the salaries) of the Direct Marketing Association. They falsified their tax forms by taking out the salaries page and putting another page that showed aggregate salaries. I went to the IRS and they eventually coughed it up. They did not want their dues-paying members to know how much the director was paid.

On the other hand I saw the returns of the Diabetes Foundation and most officers made $1/year so they are not all scams. You just need to check closely.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A small group wants to start a website?

1) Go to Godaddy.com (or eNom), buy a domain for about $8

2) Select a hosting package and pick a free template. About $4/mo.

3) Enter data about organization into templates.

Done. Total elapsed time less than 1 hour.

There... no need for grassroots.org or any donations, I just did the job. Feel free to copy this and email as desired. Oh, and tell Mr. Mann to finance his own ego trips in the future.

I was actually looking for this post when I resurrected this thread. This post made me start thinking differently about this charity. Now you can't read anything from Mike Mann without him boasting about how charitable he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators