Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Has Anyone Here Tried Using a Press Release Service to Sell Domain Names

Hibye

Level 2
Reaction score
I am thinking of using a Press Release Service to list all my Domain Names I have available for Sale on Godaddy. Do you think this is a Good Idea or Waste of money?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i think it depends on:
the quality and price of the domains, the press service used, how many people will read it-
and of those how many will know what a domain is, and out of those how many will be looking to buy one.

imo...

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
General press releases are almost dead these days. People keep using them for seo purposes and for raising their profile/image.

Though, if you have a specific niche domain name > then probably targeting the niche news websites would be a good idea.

All the success!!
Helmuts

namegulf

NameGulf.com Domain Marketplace
Reaction score
Real press releases, like in the name it's post release. An acquistion, sale or merger, etc.,

Most serious and noteworthy press releases won't even accept a domain listing as a press release.

Have you tried Domain Marketplace(s) like ours?

The key is quality of the domain (short and memorable better), reasonably priced & the right TLD to get a faster sale.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Real press releases, like in the name it's post release. An acquistion, sale or merger, etc.,

Most serious and noteworthy press releases won't even accept a domain listing as a press release.

You are making a very, very good point.

Yes, the main idea of press releases is: they have to be "newsworthy"

Hibye

Level 2
Reaction score
I should add that the major purpose of my press release

Elmore.AI Brandable Elmore AI Artificial Intelligence Domain Name Plus many Premium .Com Domain Names Registered by MickeysDomains.com Available for Purchase (Processed through Godaddy)​

is to spark interest in my Elmore.ai domain name which in my opinion is incredibly brandable. As far as the rest of my domain names, probably not, but I thought I'd give it a try for $92 or so. The Press Release comes out this week.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I should add that the major purpose of my press release

Elmore.AI Brandable Elmore AI Artificial Intelligence Domain Name Plus many Premium .Com Domain Names Registered by MickeysDomains.com Available for Purchase (Processed through Godaddy)​

is to spark interest in my Elmore.ai domain name which in my opinion is incredibly brandable. As far as the rest of my domain names, probably not, but I thought I'd give it a try for $92 or so. The Press Release comes out this week.

Do you really need a press release for it? Of course, you can do one. Still, you can use DNForum and some other domain name forums that allow advertising .com names that are for sale.

.. there is a structure to a press release that in your case probably isn't needed.

Nevertheless, it can't hurt :) So, if you have time and energy for it > do it.

All the success!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom